It goes without saying that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Drivers who get price comparisons are inclined to switch insurance companies because there are good odds of finding lower prices. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who compared rates regularly saved an average of $850 each year compared to those who never compared prices.
If saving money on auto insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then learning a little about how to get price quotes and compare cheaper coverage can save time and make the process easier.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find low-cost prices for Volvo C30 insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers that insure vehicles in Lubbock.
- Learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that increase rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a negative credit history can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A tip to remember is to compare the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
Many different elements are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, although some other factors are less obvious like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating. Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the factors that are used to determine car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find better car insurance rates.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – The majority of insurance companies apply a discount to insureds who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, it’s still a good idea to get quotes from other companies to ensure the best deal.
Are women or men drivers cheaper? – Over time, data shows that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, don’t assume that females are better at driving than males. Both genders are in fender benders in similar percentages, but the men cause more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more costly citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Volvo C30 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Teenage drivers pay more – Older, more experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cause fewer claims and accidents, and receive fewer citations. Inexperience drivers tend to be more careless with other occupants in the car and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
The following data uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Use credit responsibly and save – Having a good credit score is a big factor in calculating your premium rate. Drivers with very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than those with poor credit. Therefore, if your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your Volvo C30 by repairing your credit.
Insurance rate breakdown
The table shown next showcases detailed analysis of prices for Volvo C30 models. Knowing how car insurance premiums are established can be of help when making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|C30 T5 R-Design||$326||$672||$462||$28||$138||$1,626||$136|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in specific zip code location which can change coverage prices noticeably.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some providers don’t always publicize every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous ways to save on insurance. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- College Student – College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle on the same insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with substantially lower rates.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The illustration below compares Volvo C30 auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The rates are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
To see providers who offer discounts in Lubbock, follow this link.
Lubbock auto insurance company ratings
Finding a good quality car insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies provide coverage in Lubbock. The company ratings in the lists below could help you choose which auto insurance companies to look at when shopping around.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Compare but don’t skimp
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
You just read some good ideas how you can find lower-cost Volvo C30 insurance in Lubbock. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on car insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies may have significantly lower auto insurance rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
More detailed car insurance information is located by following these links:
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda CR-V in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)