If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find affordable car insurance rates in Lubbock is to annually compare prices from insurers in Texas.
- Get a basic knowledge of how companies set rates and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many rating criteria that increase rates like distracted driving and poor credit history can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you'll want to make sure you compare the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
It's shocking but a large majority of drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never shopped around. Many consumers in Lubbock could save up to 70% a year just by shopping around, but they think it's difficult to go online and compare rates.
These discounts can lower your insurance quotes
Companies do not advertise every available discount very clearly, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Lubbock auto insurance online. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Drivers Education - Require your teen driver to take driver's ed class if it's offered in school.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Fewer annual miles on your Volkswagen could be rewarded with slightly better prices than normal.
- Student in College - Any of your kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Lubbock and leave their car at home can receive lower rates.
- E-sign - A handful of insurance companies will give a small break just for signing your application on the web.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This isn't a discount exactly, but companies like Progressive and Allstate will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Home Ownership Discount - Owning a home in Lubbock may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
It's important to understand that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it's just not the way it works.
The best insurance companies and their possible discounts include:
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- SAFECO includes discounts for accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, homeowner, multi-car, bundle discounts, and anti-theft.
- American Family may offer discounts for good student, mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, and early bird.
- MetLife has discounts for multi-policy, claim-free, good driver, good student, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-theft, multi-policy, daytime running lights, federal employee, and membership and employees.
- The Hartford offers discounts including driver training, defensive driver, anti-theft, good student, vehicle fuel type, and bundle.
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings may not be offered in Lubbock.
The best way we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area is to understand auto insurance companies provide online access to provide you with a free rate quote. To get started, all you need to do is provide details like if you are currently licensed, coverage limits, the ages of drivers, and the year, make and model of vehicles. Your insurance information is instantly provided to multiple companies and they return quotes immediately.
To find the cheapest car insurance rates, click here then complete the form.
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Lubbock, TX. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Lubbock, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
How Your R32 Insurance Premiums are Determined
Lots of things are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but other criteria are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
- Better drivers pay less - Your driving citation history can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Even one ticket can increase rates by twenty percent. Good drivers get better prices than their less careful counterparts. People who have serious tickets like reckless driving or DUI may find that they have to to maintain a SR-22 with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
- Men pay more for insurance - Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. It does not mean females are better at driving than males. They both are responsible for auto accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically get more serious tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are most likely to cause an accident so it costs more to insure them.
- A car insurance policy lapse is a bad thing - Allowing your insurance policy to lapse will be a fast way to pay more for insurance. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time. You could then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Texas motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Annual miles is a factor - Driving more miles annually the higher your rate. A lot of companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos not used for work or commuting receive better premium rates than cars that get driven a lot. Double check that your insurance policy correctly shows annual mileage. Improper usage on your R32 can cost quite a bit.
- Big cities have higher prices - Choosing to live in less populated areas is a good thing when it comes to insurance. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Residents of big cities have much more traffic and higher rates of accident claims. Longer commute distances means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really isn't a one size fits all plan. Your situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Texas?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- What is PIP insurance?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Who is covered by my policy?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Lubbock car insurance agent
A small number of people just want to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower premium rates but also keep your business local. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Lubbock.
By using this simple form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to agents in your area that provide free Lubbock auto insurance quotes to get your business. You won't need to search for an agent as quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you want to compare prices from one company in particular, just go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a local agent, there are two different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agencies are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not employed by one company and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If prices rise, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent. When comparison shopping, we recommend you get quotes from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection.
Featured below are independent agents in Lubbock that may be able to give free auto insurance rate quotes.
David Tate Insurance Agency LLP
5233 79th St - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 794-1177 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company's rates and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are well schooled in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Lubbock that are able to give price quote information.
Allstate Insurance Agent: Bill Eggar
10101 Quaker Ave - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 792-5200 - View Map
Selecting an insurance agency should depend on more than just the price. Any agent in Lubbock should be forthright in answering these questions:
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- If they are an independent agency in Lubbock, which companies do they recommend?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Lubbock?
Why you need Volkswagen R32 insurance in Texas
Despite the high insurance cost for a Volkswagen R32 in Lubbock, maintaining insurance is required in Texas but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Volkswagen, most lenders will force you to have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Volkswagen at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $820 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Which car insurance company is best in Lubbock?
Picking the best auto insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many companies are available to choose from in Lubbock. The ranking information below could help you analyze which insurers you want to consider comparing rate quotes with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Don't give up on affordable premiums
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, policy non-renewal, high rates after DUI convictions and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding the right insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
Budget-conscious Volkswagen R32 insurance can be found online and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some companies don't offer rate quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers work with local independent agents.
You just learned a lot of information how to compare Volkswagen R32 insurance prices in Lubbock. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company.
Additional detailed information is available at these sites:
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 50 in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lubbock Auto Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)