If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from different companies who sell insurance in Lubbock. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- Try to understand policy coverages and the things you can control to lower rates. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as traffic citations and a poor credit score can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper Jetta coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to your new carrier. As soon as you can, keep your new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
An important note is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to compare as many companies as you can. This enables a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Sad but true, a large majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. The average driver in Texas could save 70% every year, but they don’t know the large savings they would see if they changed companies.
We hope to let you in on how auto insurance companies operate. If you are already insured, you will be able to buy cheaper insurance using the following tips. But Texas car owners must know how insurance companies charge you for coverage and use it to your advantage.
Compare Volkswagen Jetta insurance rates
Most major insurance companies give prices direct online. Obtaining pricing for Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Lubbock is pretty painless as you just enter the amount of coverage you want into the quote form. Once you submit the form, their system obtains reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price based on these factors.
Getting online price quotes for Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Lubbock makes comparing rates easy, and it’s necessary to perform this step if you want to get affordable car insurance pricing.
To use this form to compare rates, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you replicate the coverages identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you will receive rate comparison quotes based on similar coverages.
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Texas. In order to find cheap car insurance in TX, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Analysis of coverages
The table displayed next highlights different rate quotes for Volkswagen Jetta models. Having knowledge of how premiums are determined can assist in making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Jetta S 4-Dr Sedan||$240||$400||$382||$22||$114||$1,158||$97|
|Jetta S 2.5 Station Wagon||$240||$400||$324||$20||$96||$1,080||$90|
|Jetta LE 4-Dr Sedan||$240||$400||$382||$22||$114||$1,158||$97|
|Jetta SE 4-Dr Sedan||$270||$472||$382||$22||$114||$1,260||$105|
|Jetta SE 2.5 Station Wagon||$270||$472||$324||$20||$96||$1,182||$99|
|Jetta 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$270||$472||$382||$22||$114||$1,260||$105|
|Jetta SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$270||$472||$382||$22||$114||$1,260||$105|
|Jetta 2.0T Station Wagon||$270||$472||$324||$20||$96||$1,182||$99|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in zip code location which can modify coverage rates substantially.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The information below illustrates the difference between Volkswagen Jetta yearly insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The data is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no exact formula for dropping physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Volkswagen Jetta settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premiums are more than $800 annually to have full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where dropping full coverage is not recommended. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the elements that help calculate the price you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find better auto insurance rates.
Listed below are some of the major factors used by companies to determine your premiums.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents systems cut prices – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Advanced theft deterrents such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
- Employer stress can affect prices – Occupations such as doctors, business owners, and stock brokers have higher premiums than the average policyholder due to high stress and extremely grueling work hours. Other occupations such as professors, engineers and homemakers receive lower rates.
- More traffic equals higher premiums – Being located in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. Fewer people corresponds to lower accident rates and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. City drivers have more aggressive driving styles and higher rates of accident claims. More time commuting means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Safer occupants lowers prices – Safer cars get lower rates. Vehicles built for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less and cheaper rates on your policy.
Gals pay lower prices – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women tend to be less risk to insure than men. It does not mean men are worse drivers. Females and males cause auto accidents in similar percentages, but guys tend to have more serious accidents. Not only that, but men also receive more costly citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
The information below shows the comparison of Volkswagen Jetta insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Some auto insurance companies will give better rates to insureds who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you already get this discount, it’s always a smart idea to shop around to ensure the best deal. You may still find lower rates by buying from different companies
Claims statistics for a Volkswagen Jetta – Auto insurance companies analyze historical claim data to help determine rates. Models that tend to have higher claim amounts or frequency will cost more for coverage.
The table below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Volkswagen Jetta vehicles. For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole is equal to 100. Numbers that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage values above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Volkswagen Jetta Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Jetta 110 118 93 113 123 127 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid 128 121 114 104BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three reasons auto insurance is important
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your car with a loan, most banks will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Volkswagen at a much higher premium rate and make you pay for it.
Third, insurance protects not only your Volkswagen Jetta but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Volkswagen as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your Jetta definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $825 a year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.