Searching for cheaper insurance for a new or used Volkswagen Golf SportWagen in Texas could be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks and make it easy. There is a better way to shop for insurance so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for a new or used Volkswagen and locate the lowest possible price from Lubbock insurance agents and online providers.
Consumers should take time to check insurance prices before your next renewal because prices change quite often. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Lubbock a year ago you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because I’m going to teach you the only way to find lower rates on insurance.
Lubbock Insurance Costs are Influenced by These Factors
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are less obvious like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are. The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find lower insurance prices.
Discounts for multiple policies – The majority of insurance companies allow a discount to customers that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to ten percent or more. Even with this discount applied, it’s in your best interest to compare other Lubbock Golf SportWagen insurance rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.There is a chance you can save even more by buying insurance from a different company.
Insurance claims cost money – Companies in Texas generally give the best rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
Only buy add-on coverages you need – Insurance companies have many extra add-on coverages that you can buy on your insurance policy. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships are probably not needed. These coverages may sound good when buying your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past think about removing them and cutting costs.
Drive fewer miles and save – The more you drive your Volkswagen annually the higher your rate. Most insurance companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos that sit idle most of the time can be on a lower rate level than those used for commuting. A policy that improperly rates your Golf SportWagen may be costing you. Ask your agent if your insurance coverage is rated on the correct usage.
Battle of the sexes – Statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. This data doesn’t prove that women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women cause auto accidents in similar numbers, but the males have costlier accidents. They also get higher numbers of serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 tend to get in the most accidents and therefore have the most expensive insurance rates.
Get cheaper costs after the wedding – Having a wife or husband may cut your premiums on your policy. Marriage means you’re more financially stable and it’s statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
Type of car determines base premiums – The performance level of the car you own makes a huge difference in determining your rates. The most favorable rates tend to be for lower cost passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Getting a cheaper price on Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance is not rocket science. Just take a few minutes to get quotes to discover which company has affordable Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance quotes.
The following companies provide comparison quotes in Lubbock, TX. To locate the best car insurance in TX, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is required in Texas but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability protection in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost every bank will require you to carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volkswagen at an extremely high rate and make you pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so compare rate quotes every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Determine discounts on Lubbock insurance
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you can get discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. A few discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but a few must be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds who allow their insurance company to monitor vehicle usage by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Government Employee Discount – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off depending on your insurance provider.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you could earn a discount of up to 20% off your total Golf SportWagen insurance premium.
- E-sign – A handful of larger companies will give a small break just for signing your application online.
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Lubbock and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
- Senior Discount – Seniors are able to get lower premium rates.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Don’t be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
To view insurers who offer discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Neighborhood Lubbock auto insurance agents
A small number of people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Licensed agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get lower prices and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents that can provide free Lubbock car insurance quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to contact any agents as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Selecting a company shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. The following questions are important to ask.
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Lubbock?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- How long has their agency been in business in Lubbock?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Lubbock?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
When looking for a good Lubbock insurance agent, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies in Lubbock can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can sell and service insurance coverage, but it’s important to know how they differ since it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide one company’s prices and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Many people use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Lubbock who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Russell Donaway
2321 50th St Ste C – Lubbock, TX 79412 – (806) 799-4600 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Marvin Grimes
6102 82nd St Unit 3b – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 797-2607 – View Map
- Ana Borrego – State Farm Insurance Agent
8001 Quaker Ave STE G – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 745-2555 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type do not work for one specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to get several quotes from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most also write with smaller companies which could offer lower prices.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Lubbock willing to provide price quote information.
- All Write Insurance Agency
2413 20th St – Lubbock, TX 79411 – (806) 763-2886 – View Map
- David Tate Insurance Agency LLP
5233 79th St – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 794-1177 – View Map
- Sims-Perrin Insurance
3302 34th St – Lubbock, TX 79410 – (806) 795-4301 – View Map
A few companies do not offer rate quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agencies. Budget-friendly insurance in Lubbock is attainable online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
When getting Lubbock car insurance quotes online, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, someone sacrificed full coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, poor customer service, high rates after DUI convictions or extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
How to find affordable Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Lubbock
It takes a little time, but the best way to find cheaper car insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from companies in Lubbock. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- Read and learn about how your policy works and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as traffic violations and a less-than-favorable credit history can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Lubbock Car Insurance for a Toyota Tundra? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for College Students in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)