The best way we recommend to find cheaper quotes for auto insurance rates in Lubbock is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies who provide car insurance in Texas. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Read and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as accidents, traffic violations, and a negative credit history can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use similar coverage information on every quote request and and to look at every insurance company. Doing this ensures a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Amazingly, almost 70% of drivers kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Lubbock consumers can save as much as 70% each year by just shopping around, but they think it’s difficult to find cheaper insurance by shopping around.
How to buy Lubbock Volkswagen Beetle insurance online
Keep in mind that more quotes increases the chance that you will find more affordable insurance. Not every company does Lubbock Beetle insurance quotes online, so it’s recommended that you also compare price estimates from them as well.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get prices from several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Volkswagen Beetle insurance rate analysis
The premium table below covers a range of prices for Volkswagen Beetle models. Being able to understand how policy rates are calculated is important for drivers to make decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Beetle S 2-Dr Hatchback||$246||$560||$422||$24||$126||$1,378||$115|
|Beetle 2-Dr Convertible||$318||$660||$326||$20||$98||$1,422||$119|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in specific zip code location which can increase or decrease premium rates substantially.
The chart below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can affect Volkswagen Beetle insurance prices for each age group. The information is based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Insurance rates by age and gender
The example below compares Volkswagen Beetle car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no violations or claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Cheap Lubbock insurance quotes with discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always list every discount very well, so the list below contains some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying a policy with more than one vehicle with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Good Students Pay Less – Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- Good Driver Discounts – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking a course teaching defensive driver skills is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Paper-free Discount – A handful of companies will give a small break just for signing your application digitally online.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to study driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new Beetle can save up to 30% because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active deployment in the military can result in better prices.
Policy discounts save money, but some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Volkswagen Beetle car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, good driver, driver’s education, safe vehicle, and student away at school.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- Progressive discounts include online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife may include discounts for multi-policy, defensive driver, accident-free, good student, claim-free, good driver
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe driver, driver training, and youthful driver.
- GEICO may have discounts that include daytime running lights, anti-theft, federal employee, driver training, and good student.
- SAFECO has discounts for anti-theft, safe driver, accident prevention training, bundle discounts, and drive less.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in your area. For a list of insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Texas, click here to view.
Insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Volkswagen Beetle insurance, buying insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Volkswagen at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your Volkswagen and your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $869 every year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to save money.
Ratings for Lubbock auto insurance companies
Ending up with a highly-rated company is hard considering how many choices there are in Texas. The company rank data listed below could help you pick which insurers to look at comparing rates from.
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
When do I need an agent’s advice?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- What is the ISO rating for a Volkswagen Beetle?
- Does my Volkswagen Beetle need full coverage?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Neighborhood insurance agents
Many people would rather get advice from a local agent and that can be a great decision One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Lubbock who want to provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. You’ll get the best rates and work with a local agent. If you want to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on a insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Before buying a policy in Lubbock, get answers to these questions.
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
When finding a reliable agent, you should know the different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Agents in Lubbock can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well trained on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Lubbock who can help you get price quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent are not locked into one company so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you will want to compare quotes from independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Lubbock that are able to give price quotes.
After receiving good responses as well as cheaper Beetle insurance quotes, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that meets the criteria to insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind you have the power to cancel your coverage whenever you wish so don’t feel that you are obligated to a specific agent for any length of time.