Having to pay for pricey Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Lubbock can draw down your budget and make it hard to pay other bills. Doing a rate analysis is a smart way to lower your bills every month.
It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Insureds who shop around for the cheapest rate are likely to move their business because there is a significant possibility of finding lower rate quotes. A recent car insurance study revealed that drivers who routinely shopped around saved an average of $3,500 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on auto insurance is the reason you’re here, understanding the best ways to shop for cheaper coverage can help simplify the process. You have so many insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s nice to have a selection, it makes it harder to find a good deal for Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Lubbock.
The companies in the list below can provide quotes in Lubbock, TX. If you want the best car insurance in Lubbock, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Don’t overlook these Volkswagen Atlas insurance discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise all discounts very well, so we took the time to find some of the best known and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Lubbock is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for insurance.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for cheaper premium rates.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education in high school.
- Paper-free Discount – A handful of insurance companies provide a small discount for buying your policy over the internet.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Successfully completing a defensive driver course could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having an actively deployed family member could mean lower insurance rates.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total Atlas insurance premium.
Don’t be surprised that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
Companies that may offer quotes with these benefits include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in Lubbock. To locate providers that offer discounts in Lubbock, click here.
Best auto insurance in Texas
Ending up with a highly-rated car insurance company can be difficult considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Texas. The rank data shown below may help you pick which providers to look at purchasing from.
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that help calculate the rates you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower rates. Multiple criteria are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, although some other factors are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
- Insurance costs are higher for high performance vehicles – The performance of the vehicle you need to insure makes a huge difference in your rates. Low performance passenger models normally have pretty low rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Accidents inflate costs – Your driving record impacts premiums far more than you think. Attentive drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Even one speeding ticket or other violation can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have severe tickets like DUI or reckless driving may find they need to maintain a SR-22 with their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Youthful drivers pay high rates – Older drivers are shown to be more cautious, tend to file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Youthful drivers are statistically shown to be easily distracted with other occupants in the car and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
- Being married pays dividends – Having a spouse may earn you lower rates when shopping for insurance. It demonstrates that you tend to be more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Safety ratings are a factor – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety protect occupants better and lower injury rates translates directly to fewer claims and lower rates for you. If your Volkswagen Atlas has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may be receiving a better rate.
- Discounts for alarms and GPS tracking – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you some money. Anti-theft features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- Always have insurance – Letting your insurance expire is a fast way to increase your rates. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in fines or a revoked license. Then you may be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Texas department of motor vehicles.
- Only buy incidental coverages you need – Insurance policies have a lot of add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your Atlas policy. Add-on coverages like roadside assistance, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea when discussing your needs, but now you might not need them so consider taking them off your policy.