Having to pay for high-priced auto insurance in Lubbock can bleed your funds and force you to make tough financial choices. Doing a price comparison is a smart way to cut your insurance bill.
We don’t have to tell you that auto insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Drivers who shop around for cheaper price quotes are very likely to move their business because there is a significant possibility of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent survey found that consumers who compared price quotes annually saved an average of $865 annually as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on car insurance is your objective, learning how to choose a company and compare coverage rates can help you be more efficient.
Steps to saving money on Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Lubbock
Truthfully, the best way to get the cheapest Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Lubbock is to regularly compare prices from insurers that sell auto insurance in Texas.
- Read and learn about how insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that increase rates like at-fault accidents and poor credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
An essential thing to point out is to use the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Many auto insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies and get the best coverage at the lowest rate possible on Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Lubbock.
Consumers should take time to check auto insurance prices once or twice a year because insurance prices change frequently. Just because you had the best price on Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Lubbock two years ago you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the fastest way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will definitely be able to lower your rates using the ideas presented in this article. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Lubbock can be much easier if you know how to start. Although Texas drivers should learn the way companies price online insurance.
The method we recommend to compare car insurance rates for Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Lubbock is to understand auto insurance companies have advanced systems to quote your coverage. All consumers are required to do is provide a small amount of information like your occupation, if a SR-22 is required, how your vehicles are used, and the year, make and model of vehicles. That rating information is automatically sent to multiple companies and you receive quotes almost instantly.
To compare multiple company cheap Subaru Crosstrek insurance rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Lubbock.
The following companies offer comparison quotes in Texas. To find cheap car insurance in Lubbock, it’s a good idea that you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Get discounts to get affordable Lubbock auto insurance quotes
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may be missing some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow data collection to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- Lubbock Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Lubbock can help you save on auto insurance because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a defensive driving course may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
- Waiver for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide without raising rates if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide are:
- AAA may offer discounts for multi-car, education and occupation, good student, multi-policy, pay-in-full, good driver, and AAA membership discount.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- State Farm has savings for multiple autos, multiple policy, passive restraint, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, and accident-free.
- Esurance has discounts for anti-theft, multi-policy, claim free, renters, good student, and online shopper.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for good student, multi-policy, accident-free, anti-theft, easy pay, and Farm Bureau membership.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts might not be offered in Lubbock. To view providers who offer cheap Subaru Crosstrek insurance quotes in Texas, click here to view.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Subaru Crosstrek, almost every bank will force you to buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Subaru at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in Texas is wasting up to $855 a year so you should quote rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Insurance agent or online?
Some people just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get better rates but also keep your business local.
After completing this simple form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Lubbock that can provide free Lubbock auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding a good insurance company is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Texas?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Lubbock?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Lubbock?
- Does the agent help file claims?
When searching for a reliable insurance agent, you should know the different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agents in Lubbock can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They are highly trained on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below are Lubbock exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type can sell policies from many different companies so they can write business with any number of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Lubbock that can give you price quotes.