Shocking but true, nearly 70% of Texas drivers have bought insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers could save about $859 every year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t want to take the time to shop around.
The recommended way to get discount car insurance rates in Lubbock is to compare prices annually from insurers in Texas.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about how insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many things that drive up the price like traffic violations and an unacceptable credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for more details to get lower rates and get bigger discounts.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to compare the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
Car insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there are discounts available that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some discounts will apply when you quote, but less common discounts must be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Club Memberships – Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts in comparison with accident-prone drivers.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction with certain companies.
- Distant Student – Children who live away from home to go to college and don’t have a car could qualify for this discount.
Discounts lower rates, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you could get a free car insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount will definitely reduce your policy premium.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for driver training, good student, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, multi-policy, renewal discount, and safe driver.
- State Farm offers discounts for safe vehicle, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, and good driver.
- Progressive has savings for good student, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- Allstate may have discounts that include passive restraint, EZ pay plan discount, eSmart discount, good payer, and resident student.
- Nationwide offers discounts including business or organization, accident-free, easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, good student, and anti-theft.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for accident-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and good student.
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in your area.
When comparison shopping, comparing a large number of companies helps increase your odds of locating the best price. Some regional insurers cannot provide Lubbock Baja insurance quotes online, so you also need to get rates from the smaller companies as well.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Texas. To get cheap auto insurance in Lubbock, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Educated Choices Result in Lower Insurance Costs
Many factors are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
The factors shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by companies to determine your rates.
- Don’t skimp on liability – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance kicks in in the event that you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. This coverage provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so do not cut corners here.
- Are you male or female? – Statistics have proven females are less aggressive when driving. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. They both cause at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but males cause more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Young men ages 16 to 20 are the most expensive to insure and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- How old are your drivers? – Older drivers are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations. Young drivers are proven to be more careless with other occupants in the car so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
- Safer occupants lowers auto insurance rates – Vehicles that have high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safer cars reduce the chance of injuries and lower injury rates means less claims paid and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents lowers prices – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Advanced theft deterrents such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems help track and prevent your car from being stolen.
- File insurance claims and pay more – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in Texas provide discounts to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. Insurance coverage is designed for larger claims.
- More traffic equals higher rates – Residing in small towns and rural areas may provide you with better prices if you are looking for the lowest rates. Less people living in that area means less chance of accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. People in densely populated areas tend to have congested traffic and longer commute times. Longer commute distances can result in more accidents.
Shop online but buy locally
Many people just prefer to buy from a local agent. One of the benefits of comparing insurance online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with small agencies is definitely important in Lubbock.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to companies in Lubbock who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to drive around since price quotes are sent directly to you. It’s the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific company, feel free to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
When searching for a reliable insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents to choose from. Insurance agents are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies so they can quote policies through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part.
When comparing rate quotes, you need to get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Most have the option of insuring with smaller companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Lubbock that may be able to provide rate quotes.
- Willcoxon Insurance
4601 S Loop 289 # 7 – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 763-4005 – View Map
- Holmes/Bednarz Insurance Agency
5717 66th St #110 – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 748-5453 – View Map
- Area Insurance Associates
4202 Avenue Q – Lubbock, TX 79412 – (806) 747-2400 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They are well schooled on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers frequently choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of the brand rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Lubbock who can help you get rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Russell Donaway
2321 50th St Ste C – Lubbock, TX 79412 – (806) 799-4600 – View Map
- Rebecca Egert – State Farm Insurance Agent
9810 Indiana Ave Ste 120 – Lubbock, TX 79423 – (806) 795-4344 – View Map
- Peter Griffith – State Farm Insurance Agent
409 Frankford Ave – Lubbock, TX 79416 – (806) 785-4456 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agency requires more thought than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Is there a local claims center in Lubbock?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Texas?
Once you have answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have as well as an affordable premium quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that can be relied on to adequately provide insurance.
Insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the potentially high cost of Subaru Baja insurance, maintaining insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Subaru Baja, almost all lenders will require you to buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Subaru at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to save money.
Texas car insurance companies ranked
Choosing the best insurer can be challenging considering how many different companies sell coverage in Lubbock. The rank data in the lists below can help you analyze which coverage providers you want to consider comparing rates from.
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Cover all your bases
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, poor customer service, being labeled a high risk driver and even high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies is easier than you think.
In this article, we presented many tips how you can find lower-cost Subaru Baja insurance in Lubbock. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Lubbock auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Cost effective Subaru Baja insurance can be purchased online as well as from independent agents in Lubbock, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers don’t offer price quotes online and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
To read more, feel free to visit these articles:
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lubbock Auto Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lubbock Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Immigrants in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)