Are you regretting the purchase of an overpriced car insurance policy? You’re in good company because there are many Lubbock drivers thinking the same thing.
It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Insureds who get comparison quotes at least once a year are likely to switch car insurance companies because there is a significant possibility of finding lower prices. A survey found that consumers who compared rates annually saved as much as $72 a month compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding budget-friendly Scion xB insurance in Lubbock is your ultimate objective, then having some insight into how to choose a company and compare car insurance can help you be more efficient.
How to find affordable quotes for Scion xB insurance in Lubbock
It takes a little time, but the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates in Lubbock is to compare quotes annually from insurers that insure vehicles in Texas. This can be done by following these steps.
- Spend some time learning about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and an unacceptable credit score can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article gives more information to prevent rate hikes and find additional discounts.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing rates and determine if cheaper xB coverage is available. If you can save money and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application for your new policy. Once the paperwork is finalized, safely store the certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
A valuable tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare similar coverage information on each quote and and to get quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
Due to the abundance of options when it comes to car insurance, it can be impossible to find the best insurance company.
It’s a great practice to take a look at other company’s rates occasionally since insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you think you had the best deal on Scion xB insurance in Lubbock on your last policy the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because we’re going to show you one of the best ways to save on car insurance.
Lower Your Lubbock Insurance Rates
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that may result in lower rates.
- Filing claims can cost more – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies in Texas provide the lowest premiums to insureds who file claims infrequently. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Annual mileage impacts prices – The higher the miles on your Scion in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers calculate prices based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars that do not get driven very much cost less to insure than those used for commuting. Incorrect rating for your xB is just wasting money. Make sure your declarations sheet states the proper vehicle usage.
- Rural areas have lower premiums – Living in less populated areas of the country has definite advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Less people means less chance of accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Drivers in populated Texas areas have to deal with more traffic problems and more severe claims. Spending more time driving means more chance of being in an accident.
Youthful drivers cost more – Young drivers in Texas have been known to be inattentive when driving so insurance rates are higher. Parents adding a teenage driver onto your insurance will cause a huge premium hike. Older insureds tend to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and usually have better credit.
The following chart uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Loss statistics for a Scion xB – Auto insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to help determine the rate you pay. Models that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more to insure.
The next table shows the actual insurance loss data for Scion xB vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentages above 100 point to more losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Scion xB Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Scion Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Scion xB 86 92 89 148 127 116BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
How much is Scion xB insurance in Lubbock, TX?
The following companies provide free quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Rates and statistics
The rate information shown next showcases estimates of insurance policy prices for Scion xB models. Knowing how rate quotes are formulated is important for drivers to make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in your specific Lubbock location which can affect coverage prices significantly.
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Scion xB insurance costs for different age categories. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Driving violations and accidents
The illustration below illustrates how violations and at-fault collisions raise Scion xB premium costs for each age group. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Three main reasons to buy insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Scion xB in Lubbock, paying for insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
First, most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Scion xB with a loan, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Scion at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher price.
Third, insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your xB greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $865 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Save with these discounts on Scion xB insurance in Lubbock
Some companies do not list the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains both well-publicized and the harder-to-find credits available to you.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on xB insurance in Lubbock.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of 20% or more.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving less could be rewarded with better insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Telematics Data – Drivers that enable their company to scrutinize their driving habits by using a telematic data system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
- Distant Student – Children who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The illustration below compares Scion xB car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that offer discounts in Texas, click this link.
When to have guidance from an agent
Some consumers would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Professional agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance online is you may find lower premium rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting local agencies is definitely important in Lubbock.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You don’t have to find an agent as quotes are delivered to you directly. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you’re trying to find a good Lubbock insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Insurance policy providers can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s worth learning how they differ because it can factor into the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by one company and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparison shopping, it’s a good idea to get insurance quotes from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Lubbock who may provide free price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are contracted to one company and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Lubbock who can help you get price quotes.
Selecting an car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- How many years have they been established?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
If you receive acceptable answers to these questions and locked in a price quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that meets the criteria to properly insure your vehicles.
Do I just need basic coverages?
Always keep in mind that when comparing your policy, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Will my Scion xB be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Scion xB?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Texas minimum liability coverage?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Smart shoppers get results
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to save on Scion xB insurance in Lubbock. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Lubbock car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest auto insurance rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
Drivers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy cancellation, questionable increases in premium or even poor customer service. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
Steps to finding lower priced Scion xB insurance in Lubbock
Really, the only way to find affordable Scion xB insurance in Lubbock is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Texas.
First, try to comprehend how insurance works and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of companies. Find a Lubbock insurance agent
Third, compare the new rates to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper xB coverage is available. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, tell your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application for your new coverage. Once the paperwork is finalized, place the new certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
The key aspect of shopping around is to use similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lubbock Auto Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)