Saving money on Toyota Rav4 insurance in Lubbock might be difficult for drivers new to quoting coverage prices online. There are so many agents and companies to choose from that it can be a chore to find cheaper Toyota Rav4 insurance rates.
It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Consumers who rate shop once a year are likely to move their business because of the high probability of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent survey found that consumers who regularly compared price quotes saved on average $860 a year compared to those who never shopped around.
If saving the most money on car insurance in Lubbock is the reason you’re reading this, then knowing how to shop for auto insurance can help make the process easier.
The most recommended method to compare car insurance company rates for Toyota Rav4 insurance in Lubbock utilizes the fact most larger insurance companies will pay a fee to give rate comparisons. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide a small amount of information like whether you have decent credit, if you have an active license, level of coverage desired, and any included safety features. Those rating factors is then submitted to many highly-rated insurers and you will get price comparisons with very little delay.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Lubbock, TX. To locate cheap auto insurance in Texas, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get the most affordable price.
Check for these nine rate reducing discounts
Some insurers don’t always list every available discount very clearly, so the list below contains some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you.
- Distant Student Discount – Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Lubbock without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a family member in the military can result in better insurance rates.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies permit an accident without the usual rate increase if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with substantially lower rates.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers pay much less in comparison to bad drivers.
- Online Discount – A few larger online companies will provide an incentive for completing your application online.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
Please keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount will definitely lower the cost of your policy.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Toyota Rav4 car insurance rates with and without discounts. The data assumes a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
Larger insurance companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- The Hartford discounts include bundle, driver training, defensive driver, air bag, and anti-theft.
- American Family includes discounts for accident-free, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, good driver, defensive driver, and good student.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, good student, online signing, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- Travelers offers discounts including home ownership, IntelliDrive, multi-policy, early quote, new car, and driver training.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including teen driver, alternative fuel, business and professional, pay in full, early shopping, and youthful driver.
- USAA has savings for new vehicle, defensive driver, military installation, multi-vehicle, good student, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for multi-policy, new graduate, safety features, new vehicle discount, newly retired, multi-car, and preferred payment discount.
When comparing rates, check with every company which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. To find insurance companies with discount rates in Texas, click here.
Toyota Rav4 coverage statistics
The table below highlights a range of insurance policy prices for Toyota Rav4 models. Learning how rates are formulated can be valuable when making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RAV4 Sport 2WD||$174||$352||$496||$30||$148||$1,200||$100|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$174||$352||$496||$30||$148||$1,200||$100|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$174||$352||$496||$30||$148||$1,200||$100|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$174||$352||$496||$30||$148||$1,200||$100|
|RAV4 Sport 4WD||$174||$352||$496||$30||$148||$1,200||$100|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in specific Lubbock garaging location which can impact premiums greatly.
The example below shows how different deductible levels and can raise or lower Toyota Rav4 insurance prices for different age groups of insureds. The rates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Male drivers compared to female drivers
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Rav4 insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on a clean driving record, no claims, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
When should I get advice from a local insurance agent?
Some people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a great decision One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates but also keep your business local. Supporting local agents is still important in Lubbock.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Lubbock who will give you quotes for your business. You don’t have to drive around since price quotes are sent to you instantly. It’s the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, just visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
If you would like to find a good Lubbock insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Lubbock can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent are not restricted to one company and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, you definitely need to compare quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most independent agents also contract with companies you’ve never heard of who may have lower rates.
Below is a small list of independent agents in Lubbock that can possibly get you competitive price quotes.
- Ashmore and Associates Insurance Agency, LLC
6102 82nd St #6 – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 745-8358 – View Map
- Insurance Partners
7335 82nd St # 4 – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (800) 701-5909 – View Map
- Ince Insurance Inc
7005 Salem Park Dr – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 797-4131 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These agents have only one company to place business with like State Farm or Allstate. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are well trained on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers often buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand legacy rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Lubbock willing to provide price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance – Rc Calderon
1314 50th St – Lubbock, TX 79412 – (806) 741-1515 – View Map
- Keith Potts – State Farm Insurance Agent
6110 Frankford Ave A – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 794-5084 – View Map
- Kevin Watson – State Farm Insurance Agent
13033 Quaker Ave SUITE B – Lubbock, TX 79423 – (806) 797-3329 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Texas?
Always keep in mind that when comparing your policy, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- What policy terms are available?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Does my Toyota Rav4 qualify for pleasure use?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Three reasons to insure your Rav4
Despite the high cost, buying insurance is mandatory in Texas but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will require you to carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Toyota for a lot more money and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays more than $810 a year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Auto insurance policy specifics
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Coverage for medical expenses – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for short-term medical expenses like rehabilitation expenses, ambulance fees, funeral costs, dental work and nursing services. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Toyota Rav4.
Since many Texas drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (30/60/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Liability car insurance – This coverage will cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 30/60/25 which stand for a limit of $30,000 per injured person, a total of $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things such as pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects and medical expenses. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. Texas state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
The illustration below shows why low liability limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Collision – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Rav4 resulting from a collision with another car or object. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a ditch and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to increase the deductible on your Rav4 to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive auto insurance – Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as hail damage, fire damage, falling objects and hitting a bird. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Get the best coverage at the best price
There are still a few companies who do not provide internet price quotes and usually these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agents. The cheapest Toyota Rav4 insurance in Lubbock is definitely available on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to find affordable Toyota Rav4 insurance in Lubbock. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Lubbock auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies.
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, questionable increases in premium, unfair underwriting practices or even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Steps to buying affordable Toyota Rav4 insurance in Lubbock
Truthfully, the best way to quote cheaper auto insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from insurers that sell auto insurance in Lubbock. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- First, read and learn about policy coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents and a low credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new insurance company. When you receive it, keep the new certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
One thing to point out is that you’ll want to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to analyze every company you can. This enables an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lubbock Auto Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Government Employees in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a GMC Acadia in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)