If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find better pricing on auto insurance rates in Lubbock is to compare quotes annually from providers who sell auto insurance in Texas.
- First, try to learn a little about car insurance and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as traffic citations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be amended by paying attention to minor details. This article provides the details to find cheap prices and earn a bigger discount.
- Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, tell your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application for the new policy. Be sure to place your new proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
The most important part of this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on every price quote and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Consumers who get comparison quotes at least once a year will presumably switch insurance companies because they have good chances of finding a cheaper policy. A recent insurance study revealed that drivers who compared rates regularly saved approximately $3,500 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the best price on auto insurance in Lubbock is the reason you’re reading this, then having an understanding of how to get free comparison quotes and analyze coverages can make the process less intimidating.
If you have coverage now or just want a better rate, you can use these techniques to find better prices while maintaining coverages. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Lubbock is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. Drivers only need an understanding of the proper way to buy car insurance using one simple form.
Getting cheap insurance pricing can be surprisingly simple. Drivers just need to take a few minutes to compare rates online with multiple companies.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it takes the place of having to spend your day driving to and from local insurance agencies. Doing it all online makes this process obsolete unless you want the extra assistance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. Although, it is possible find lower rates online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The companies shown below provide quotes in Texas. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Lubbock, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
Take policy discounts and save on Kia Forte insurance in Lubbock
Some providers do not list every possible discount very well, so the next list breaks down both the well known and also the lesser-known discounts that may be available. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Putting coverage on a new Forte can cost up to 25% less since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers that enable data collection to track when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups may earn a discount on your bill.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like you could get a free insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The chart below shows the difference between Kia Forte insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The premiums assume a female driver, no claims or violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
If you would like to choose from a list of providers who offer free Kia Forte insurance quotes in Texas, follow this link.
Premium rates and analysis
The table displayed next showcases different insurance coverage prices for Kia Forte models. Learning more about how insurance rates are determined is important for making smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Forte LX 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$322||$400||$24||$120||$1,072||$89|
|Forte EX 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$322||$400||$24||$120||$1,072||$89|
|Forte SX 4-Dr Sedan||$232||$392||$400||$24||$120||$1,168||$97|
|Forte EX 2-Dr Coupe||$232||$462||$452||$26||$136||$1,308||$109|
|Forte SX 2-Dr Coupe||$232||$462||$452||$26||$136||$1,308||$109|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in specific location which can alter coverage rates considerably.
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Kia Forte annual premium costs for different age groups of insureds. Data assumes a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Kia Forte full coverage rates compared to liability only
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Kia Forte premium costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The premiums assume no claims or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no set guideline of when to exclude physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Kia Forte claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $5,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying in excess of $500 a year for full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not advised. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Kia Forte Insurance Price Factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for insurance. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get big savings. Many things are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, although others are less obvious such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
The items below are some of the items companies use to determine your rate level.
- Insurance policy lapses increase prices – Going without insurance is a fast way to pay more for insurance. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in a revoked license or a big fine. You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Texas motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Is you employer costing you more? – Jobs such as military generals, air traffic controllers, and medical professionals usually pay higher rates than average due to intense work-related stress and long work hours. Conversely, jobs like farmers, athletes and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
- Cars with good safety ratings save money – Safe vehicles get lower rates. These vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- File policy claims and pay more – If you tend to file frequent claims, don’t be surprised to see higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in Texas provide discounts to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Discounts for married couples – Having a spouse can actually save you money on your insurance policy. Marriage may mean you are more mature and responsible and statistics prove married couples file fewer claims.
- Put fewer miles on your vehicle – The higher the miles on your Kia every year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much can be on a lower rate level than cars that get driven a lot. Verify your declarations sheet reflects the correct usage, because it can save money. Incorrect rating for your Forte may be costing you.
Kia Forte claim statistics – Insurers analyze the history of losses when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that the data shows to have increased claim numbers or amounts will be charged more to insure. The next table shows the insurance loss data for Kia Forte vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole equals 100. Values that are under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Kia Forte Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Forte 114 117 103 176 183 144 Kia Forte 114 98 147 Kia Forte 102 102 86BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years