A recent insurance study revealed that the majority of drivers have bought insurance from the same company for at least four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Consumers in Texas can cut their rates by roughly $1,770 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
Truthfully, the best way to get affordable Saturn Outlook insurance in Lubbock is to compare quotes annually from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Texas. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- First, read about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many rating factors that increase rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a poor credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for many different companies. Click to view companies
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available in Lubbock. If you find a lower rate and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a signed application and payment to your new company or agent. Once received, keep your new certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
A good tip to remember is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. This enables a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
Getting a cheaper price on Saturn Outlook insurance can be relatively painless. Just invest a little time comparing rate quotes from different insurance companies.
Doing online price quotes comparisons is so easy that it makes it a waste of time to make phone calls or go to all the different Lubbock insurance agencies. Comparing Saturn Outlook insurance rates online eliminates the middleman unless you're the type of person who wants the professional abilities of a local agency. It is possible with some companies obtain prices from the web but buy the policy through an agent.
The following companies can provide quotes in Texas. In order to find cheap car insurance in TX, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Choosing Saturn Outlook insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost, auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific limits of liability in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Saturn, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Saturn at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your car but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average driver in Texas is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so you should quote and compare rates every year to ensure rates are inline.
Analysis of Saturn Outlook rates
The rate table below highlights detailed analysis of insurance costs for Saturn Outlook models. Learning a little about how auto insurance premiums are calculated helps drivers make decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Outlook XE 2WD||$176||$306||$400||$24||$120||$1,026||$86|
|Outlook XV 2WD||$176||$306||$400||$24||$120||$1,026||$86|
|Outlook XE Premium 2WD||$196||$360||$400||$24||$120||$1,100||$92|
|Outlook XE AWD||$196||$360||$400||$24||$120||$1,100||$92|
|Outlook XE Premium AWD||$196||$360||$400||$24||$120||$1,100||$92|
|Outlook XR-L 2WD||$196||$360||$400||$24||$120||$1,100||$92|
|Outlook XR-L AWD||$196||$360||$400||$24||$120||$1,100||$92|
|Outlook XR-L Premium 2WD||$196||$360||$400||$24||$120||$1,100||$92|
|Outlook XR-L Premium AWD||$196||$360||$400||$24||$120||$1,100||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in specific location information which can change premiums considerably.
The information below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can increase or decrease Saturn Outlook insurance costs for different insured age categories. The data is based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Impact of careless driving on insurance rates
The example below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions can increase Saturn Outlook auto insurance costs for different insured age categories. The prices are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Premiums by gender and age
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Saturn Outlook insurance prices for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Saturn Outlook full coverage rates compared to liability only
The chart below shows the comparison of Saturn Outlook auto insurance rates with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premiums are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no set rule of when to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's assume your Saturn Outlook replacement cost is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it's costing you more than $500 a year to have full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Take advantage of these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don't list the entire discount list very well, so here is a list a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find credits available to bring down your rates. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you may be paying too high a price.
- Distant College Student Discount - Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Lubbock and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Lubbock car insurance quote.
- New Vehicle Savings - Insuring a vehicle that is new may earn a small discount since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Keeping the miles down on your Saturn can qualify you for slightly better car insurance rates than normal.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Larger car insurance companies have a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Military Rewards - Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Multiple Policy Discount - When you have multiple policies with one company you could save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
Don't be shocked that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, you won't be that lucky.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Saturn Outlook auto insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The prices are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Insurance companies that have many of the previously listed discounts may include but are not limited to:
When quoting, ask every insurance company how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in your state. To locate providers with discount rates in Lubbock, click here to view.