The easiest way to save on car insurance rates in Lubbock is to start comparing prices yearly from providers that insure vehicles in Texas. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about auto insurance and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many factors that cause high rates like careless driving and a poor credit rating can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Ion coverage is available in Lubbock. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One bit of advice is to try to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and to quote with all possible companies. This ensures an accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
It's a known fact that insurance companies don't want you shop around. Insureds who do rate comparisons are very likely to buy a new policy because there are good odds of finding a lower-priced company. A study showed that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved on average $3,400 over four years compared to other drivers who never compared other company's rates.
If finding the most affordable insurance in Lubbock is your intention, learning the best way to quote and compare auto insurance can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
Best companies for Saturn Ion insurance
The providers in the list below offer comparison quotes in Texas. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Texas, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Smart Consumers Save on Insurance
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower rates. Many things are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, although some other factors are more transparent such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
Liability protection - Liability insurance is the protection in the event that you are responsible for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide for a legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
Discounts for married couples - Getting married can get you a discount on your car insurance policy. Marriage usually means you are more mature and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Save by driving less - The higher the mileage driven in a year the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies rate vehicles based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles that are left in the garage receive better premium rates than those that get driven frequently. Ask your agent if your vehicle rating is rated on how each vehicle is driven. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Ion can result in significantly higher rates.
Prevent theft and save - Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft prevention devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent car theft.
Score discounts on Lubbock insurance
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be applied when you purchase, but a few need to be asked about in order for you to get them. If you aren't receiving every discount you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Multi-car Discount - Drivers who insure multiple vehicles with the same insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Home Ownership Discount - Owning a house in Lubbock can save you money because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
- Government Employees - Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off with some insurance companies.
- Active Military Service - Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Discount for Swiching Early - A few insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current Ion insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
It's important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don't profit that way. But all discounts will help reduce your overall bill.
Some of the insurance companies that have some of the above discounts possibly include:
When comparing rates, check with each company how many discounts you can get. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in every state. For a list of companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Lubbock, click this link.
Shop online but buy locally
Certain consumers would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a great decision Experienced insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is you can get the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. In the event you want to get a price quote for a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best insurer requires more thought than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Is the quote a firm price?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- What companies can they write with?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Texas?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
If you are wanting to find a good Lubbock insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Agents are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either can insure your vehicles, but it's a good idea to understand why they differ because it may have an impact on the type of agent you choose.
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company's prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the brand legacy rather than low price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Lubbock willing to provide rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance - Jim White
4518 50th St - Lubbock, TX 79414 - (806) 792-4416 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Russell Donaway
2321 50th St Ste C - Lubbock, TX 79412 - (806) 799-4600 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Doug Townsend
3901 84th St - Lubbock, TX 79423 - (806) 698-1611 - View Map
Independent agencies are not employed by one company so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house which is easy for the insured. If you need cheaper insurance rates, we highly recommend that you include at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options. Most also have access to different regional companies which may provide better rates.
Below are independent insurance agents in Lubbock who can help you get price quotes.
- Butler Carson Tate Insurance
4505 82nd St # 10 - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 798-7979 - View Map
- Alliance Insurance Agency
3307 82nd St - Lubbock, TX 79423 - (806) 792-0135 - View Map
- Hettler Insurance Agency
4432 S Loop 289 - Lubbock, TX 79414 - (806) 798-7800 - View Map
There's no such thing as the perfect insurance policy
Always keep in mind that when comparing a policy, there isn't really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone's needs are different.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether or not you could use an agent's help.
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It's fast, free and can help protect your family.
Do the work, save more money
In this article, we covered many ideas to lower your Saturn Ion insurance premium rates in Lubbock. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the best premium rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
Cheaper Saturn Ion insurance in Lubbock can be found both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not have online quoting and many times these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agencies.
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like delays in paying claims, questionable increases in premium, delays in responding to claim requests or high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding a new car insurance company is actually quite simple.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Females in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- How Much are Lubbock Auto Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lubbock Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lubbock Auto Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)