The preferred way to quote cheaper car insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers in Lubbock.
- First, try to understand how companies set rates and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like your driving record and an imperfect credit history can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One important bit of advice is to try to compare the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who get comparison quotes at least once a year will presumably buy a different policy because they have a good chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A study showed that people who did price comparisons regularly saved as much as $3,500 over four years compared to policyholders who never shopped around.
If saving the most money on Porsche Panamera insurance in Lubbock is the reason you’re here, then having some insight into how to get price quotes and compare insurance coverage can make it easier to find better rates.
Locating the best rates in Lubbock is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to find the best rates using these techniques. But Texas drivers do need to understand how companies market insurance on the web and use it to your advantage.
Cheap Porsche insurance prices in Lubbock
The companies in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
The premium table shown next outlines detailed analysis of policy rates for Porsche Panamera models. Having a good grasp of how auto insurance premiums are figured is important to be able to make smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Panamera S 4-Dr Hatchback||$594||$938||$500||$30||$150||$2,212||$184|
|Panamera 4S AWD 4-Dr Hatchback||$594||$1026||$500||$30||$150||$2,300||$192|
|Panamera Turbo AWD 4-Dr Hatchback||$682||$1204||$500||$30||$150||$2,566||$214|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in specific location which can alter price quotes greatly.
Discount Lubbock car insurance quotes
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. Some discounts will apply at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Sign Online – Some car insurance companies may give you up to $50 for signing up on the internet.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Mature Driver Discount – Older drivers may qualify for better car insurance rates.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles could qualify for discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- Multi-line Discount – Some insurance carriers give lower rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a class that teaches defensive driving techniques could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house in Lubbock can help you save on car insurance because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The diagram below shows the difference between Porsche Panamera auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The premiums assume a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
Companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- GEICO includes discounts for five-year accident-free, federal employee, air bags, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and good student.
- MetLife offers discounts including defensive driver, claim-free, multi-policy, good driver, and accident-free.
- State Farm offers discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, and multiple autos.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include annual mileage, ease of repair, age of vehicle, multi-policy, professional/association, and location of vehicle.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including early bird, defensive driver, theft prevention, air bags, and student driver.
- Allstate has discounts for teenSMART discount, early signing, new car, farm vehicle, good student, FullPay discount, and 55 and retired.
Check with every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some credits may not apply everywhere.
Shop online but buy locally
Certain consumers prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision A nice benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Lubbock who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You never need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, feel free to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurance company should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reliable agent, you should know the different types of agencies that you can select. Insurance agencies are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are highly trained in insurance sales which can be an advantage.
The following are Lubbock exclusive agencies who may provide you with price quotes.
Agents that choose to be independent do not work for one specific company so they can write business with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing insurance prices, we recommend you compare prices from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection.
Below are Lubbock independent insurance agents who can help you get price quote information.
Car insurance coverage considerations
Understanding the coverages of car insurance can be of help when determining the right coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find typical coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as fire damage, damage from flooding and hitting a bird. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical expense insurance – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses such as rehabilitation expenses, X-ray expenses and dental work. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverage – This will pay to fix damage to your Panamera resulting from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as colliding with a tree, colliding with another moving vehicle and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also raise the deductible on your Panamera to get cheaper collision coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – This gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Porsche Panamera.
Since many Texas drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (Texas limits are 30/60/25), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Liability coverages – Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people in an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see values of 30/60/25 which stand for $30,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as medical services, emergency aid, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, legal defense fees and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible. Texas requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
The next chart shows why low liability limits may not be enough.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford.
Cheaper Porsche Panamera insurance in Lubbock can be sourced from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Lubbock agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller companies work with independent insurance agencies.
To learn more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda CR-V in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Felons in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lubbock Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)