To save the most money, the best way to find cheaper quotes for car insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers who can sell car insurance in Lubbock. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- First, take a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many things that result in higher prices like getting speeding tickets and poor credit can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new company. As soon as coverage is bound, put the new proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you enter similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get prices from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
It’s safe to conclude that insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Drivers who shop around for cheaper price quotes will most likely buy a new policy because there is a great chance of finding lower prices. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved an average of $72 a month compared to policyholders who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest price for insurance in Lubbock is your objective, learning how to get rate quotes and compare insurance premiums can save money and time.
Affordable Lubbock insurance rates with discounts
Some insurers don’t always advertise their entire list of discounts very well, so the list below details a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous insurance savings.
- Military Rewards – Being on active deployment in the military can result in better insurance rates.
- Government Employee Discount – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give better premium rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Lubbock auto insurance quote.
- Telematics Devices – Lubbock drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to look at where and when they drive by installing a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving less can qualify you for lower insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a new Grand Prix can be considerably cheaper since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- ABS Brakes – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm has discounts for good student, passive restraint, accident-free, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and driver’s education.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, and seat belt use.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and online signing.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for good student, teen driver, early bird, 55 and older, and anti-lock brakes.
- American Family may include discounts for Steer into Savings, good driver, bundled insurance, good student, and early bird.
- The Hartford discounts include driver training, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, defensive driver, and bundle.
- AAA has savings for good student, multi-car, anti-theft, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, and education and occupation.
If you want inexpensive Lubbock auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Savings might not be offered in Lubbock. To see insurers who offer online Pontiac Grand Prix insurance quotes in Lubbock, click this link.
The cheapest Lubbock Pontiac Grand Prix insurance quotes online
Keep in mind that comparing more quotes will enable you to find the best rates. Some companies don’t provide online rate quotes, so it’s necessary to compare price quotes from them, too.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Lubbock, TX. To find the best cheap auto insurance in Texas, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
How Your Grand Prix Insurance Costs are Determined
Many factors are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but others are less apparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
- Vocation reflects on rates – Occupations like real estate brokers, architects, and dentists tend to have the highest average rates due to intense work situations and long work hours. On the other hand, occupations such as professors, students and performers pay the least.
- Battle of the sexes – Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Females and males are in auto accidents in similar percentages, but males have accidents that have higher claims. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore have the most expensive insurance rates.
- Don’t cancel your insurance policy without a new one in place – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a fast way to pay more for insurance. In addition to paying higher premiums, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a steep fine or even jail time. You will then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Texas motor vehicle department.
- Younger drivers are expensive to insure – Beginning drivers in Texas are statistically shown to be inattentive and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so insurance rates are higher. Older people tend to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and usually have better credit.
- See if your company offers a multi-policy discount – Lots of companies will give discounts to customers who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to ten percent or more. Even with this discount, it’s always a smart idea to get quotes from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Bad credit hurts insurance costs – Credit history is a large factor in determining what you pay. If your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your Pontiac Grand Prix if you clean up your credit. Insureds that have very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with poor credit scores.
- Tickets inflate premiums – Being a careful driver has a huge affect on how much you pay. Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Getting just one speeding ticket or other violation can bump up the cost substantially. Drivers who have gotten serious violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Small claims can cost you – Auto insurance companies in Texas provide discounts to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. If you file claims often, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
When should I have guidance from an insurance agency?
A small number of people just prefer to go talk to an agent and that is OK! The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. Supporting local agencies is important especially in Lubbock.
By using this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Lubbock that provide free Lubbock auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to even leave your home because prices are sent straight to your inbox. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to quote rates from one company in particular, just find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
What types of auto insurance agents are in Lubbock?
If you prefer to buy insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they function. Insurance agencies in Lubbock are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Agents that elect to be independent are not locked into one company so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part.
When comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to get several quotes from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Lubbock that may be able to provide free insurance quotes.
Maria Valeriano Insurance Agency
4210 50th St – Lubbock, TX 79413 – (806) 780-6622 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following are Lubbock exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide price quote information.
Choosing the best insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- How often do they review coverages?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Lubbock?
Here’s why car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, paying for car insurance is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your vehicle, most banks will force you to have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Pontiac at an extremely high rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, car insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $830 a year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
In the end, you can save money
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just presented a lot of information how to find cheaper Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Lubbock. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting affordable Lubbock auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Discount Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Lubbock can be found from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Lubbock, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not provide rates over the internet and usually these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Lubbock Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lubbock Auto Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)