A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that most car insurance customers kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. Drivers in Texas could cut their rates by $1,770 a year, but most tend to underestimate the rate savings if they switched.
Truthfully, the best way to find lower priced Mazda CX-7 insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from companies in Lubbock.
- Take a little time to learn about how insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many factors that increase rates like distracted driving and poor credit history can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Notify your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new company. Immediately place the new proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
One important bit of advice is to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rates from all possible companies. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and many rates to choose from.
Car insurance providers offering low-cost rates in Texas
The companies in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Mazda CX-7 insurance statistics and information
The coverage table below highlights detailed analysis of insurance policy prices for Mazda CX-7 models. Knowing how insurance policy rates are established can help drivers make informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CX-7 SV 2WD||$322||$682||$462||$28||$138||$1,632||$136|
|CX-7 Sport 2WD||$362||$682||$462||$28||$138||$1,672||$139|
|CX-7 Touring 2WD||$362||$682||$462||$28||$138||$1,672||$139|
|CX-7 Touring 4WD||$362||$802||$462||$28||$138||$1,792||$149|
|CX-7 Grand Touring 2WD||$404||$802||$462||$28||$138||$1,834||$153|
|CX-7 Grand Touring 4WD||$404||$802||$462||$28||$138||$1,834||$153|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can increase or decrease coverage prices considerably.
The information below illustrates how your deductible choice and can impact Mazda CX-7 premium costs for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
How accidents and violations affect rates
The chart below demonstrates how traffic citations and accidents impact Mazda CX-7 insurance premiums for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Insurance premiums based on gender
The diagram below shows the comparison of Mazda CX-7 yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no violations or claims, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Do you need full coverage?
The example below visualizes the comparison of Mazda CX-7 insurance prices with full coverage and liability only. The rate quotes are based on no violations or claims, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no clear-cut formula to stop buying physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Mazda CX-7 claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $8,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing you more than $800 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping full coverage is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Earn discounts on Lubbock insurance
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but discounts can save money and there are some available to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but a few need to be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Sign Online – Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks shop Lubbock car insurance on your computer.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
A quick disclaimer, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
The diagram below shows the difference between Mazda CX-7 insurance prices with and without policy discounts. The prices are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
Companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- American Family offers discounts including mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, early bird, accident-free, air bags, good driver, and TimeAway discount.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for multi-policy, easy pay, anti-theft, good student, family plan, business or organization, and accident-free.
- MetLife includes discounts for good driver, good student, claim-free, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include automatic seat belts, theft prevention, anti-lock brakes, student driver, good student, driver training, and teen driver.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for mature driver, pay in full, business and professional, teen driver, switch companies, electronic funds transfer, and good student.
- Allstate may include discounts for safe driver, economy car, resident student, anti-theft, auto/life discount, good student, and multi-policy.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company to give you their best rates. A few discounts might not be offered in Lubbock.
Car insurance agents near you
Certain consumers prefer to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A good thing about comparing car insurance online is you may find cheaper rates but also keep your business local. Supporting local insurance agencies is definitely important in Lubbock.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your information is submitted to companies in Lubbock who will return price quotes for your business. You won’t even need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you can always jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Different types of Lubbock car insurance agents
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a local Lubbock insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies that you can choose from. Agencies in Lubbock are either exclusive or independent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are appointed with more than one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Lubbock that may be able to give you pricing information.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Lubbock that can give you price quotes.
Finding a good auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Get answers to these questions too.
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Lubbock?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
Car insurance policy coverages for a Mazda CX-7
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are typical coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Mazda CX-7.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (30/60/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Most of the time these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property that is your fault. It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see limits of 30/60/25 which stand for $30,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers things such as legal defense fees, loss of income, medical expenses and medical services. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but buy as much as you can afford. Texas state minimum liability requirements are 30/60/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
The chart below shows why low liability limits may not be adequate coverage.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like falling objects, theft, vandalism and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical costs insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for immediate expenses like doctor visits, ambulance fees and nursing services. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. You can also increase the deductible on your CX-7 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Smart shoppers get results
In this article, we presented many ideas to lower your Mazda CX-7 insurance premium rates in Lubbock. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Lubbock car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best premium rates are with an unexpected company. Regional companies often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Some insurance companies do not provide price quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies. Lower-priced car insurance in Lubbock can be purchased online in addition to many Lubbock insurance agents, so you need to compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Much more information about car insurance in Texas can be read on the following sites:
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Bad Credit in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lubbock Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)