Mazda CX-5 insurance cost image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get cheaper Mazda CX-5 insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies who provide auto insurance in Lubbock. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Read and learn about policy coverages and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many things that cause high rates such as traffic citations and poor credit rating can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover more ideas to get cheaper coverage and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper CX-5 coverage is available in Lubbock. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. This enables a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
It's a known fact that insurance companies don't want their policyholders to compare prices. Drivers who shop around for cheaper price quotes will probably switch companies because there is a great chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A survey found that people who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved on average $865 a year compared to other drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If saving the most money on Mazda CX-5 insurance in Lubbock is your ultimate target, then having some insight into how to compare insurance coverage can help simplify the process.
If you have insurance now or need new coverage, use these techniques to save money while maintaining coverages. Choosing the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Lubbock is actually very simple if you learn how to start. Vehicle owners just need to know the best way to compare insurance rates online.
Finding a lower price on insurance is surprisingly easy. The only thing you need to do is invest a few minutes to get quotes online from several insurance companies.
It's so simple to compare car insurance rate quotes online takes the place of having to go to all the different Lubbock insurance agencies. Quoting Mazda CX-5 insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you require the trained guidance of a licensed agent. Although you can comparison shop online but still have the advice of a local agent.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Lubbock, TX. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Why you need CX-5 insurance in Texas
Despite the potentially high cost of Mazda CX-5 insurance, maintaining insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your CX-5, it's guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Mazda at a much higher rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in Texas is overpaying more than $750 every year so it's recommended you shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Why You Might Pay Increased Rates in Lubbock
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the elements that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that could help you find better car insurance rates.
Pay less with a high safety rating - Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Safer cars protect occupants better and lower rates of occupant injuries means less claims paid and thus lower rates. If your Mazda CX-5 scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
Careless drivers pay higher rates - How you drive can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Even one citation may cause rates to rise by twenty percent. Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have received dangerous violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state in order to legally drive.
GPS tracking and theft deterrents systems cut premiums - Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Advanced theft deterrents like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system can help prevent vehicle theft.
Your occupation is a factor - Careers such as lawyers, executives, and medical professionals tend to have higher rates than average in part from intense work-related stress and long work days. Other jobs like professors, athletes and performers pay the least.
Insurance losses for a Mazda CX-5 - Companies use historical loss data when they file their rates in each state. Models that historically have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher premium rates. The information below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Mazda CX-5 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, is a value of 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest a positive loss record, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Mazda CX-5 4dr 2WD||66||88||85||79||83||76|
|Mazda CX-5 4dr 4WD||71||83||102||79||74||72|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Companies offer money-saving discounts on Mazda CX-5 insurance in Lubbock
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might find some hidden discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be asked about before they will apply.
- Pay Early and Save - By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Multi-line Discount - Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Membership in Organizations - Belonging to specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings on insurance.
- Driver's Ed - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver's education in school.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don't profit that way.
Companies and their offered discounts include:
- GEICO offers premium reductions for five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, and air bags.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for good student, group or association, anti-theft, mature driver, paperless, company car, and air bags.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including Steer into Savings, accident-free, good driver, defensive driver, good student, multi-vehicle, and air bags.
- Esurance may offer discounts for Switch & Save, good student, emergency road assistance, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- State Farm includes discounts for good driver, defensive driving training, multiple autos, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, and accident-free.
- AAA discounts include education and occupation, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, multi-car, anti-theft, and good driver.
Before buying, ask every company to apply every possible discount. Some credits may not be offered in Lubbock. If you would like to choose from a list of companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Texas, click this link.
How to know if you need help
Always keep in mind that when comparing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no "best" method to buy coverage. Everyone's needs are different so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions might help in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- What happens if I owe more than my Mazda CX-5 is worth?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Do I need an insurance agent?
Some people prefer to have an agent's advice and that is OK! Professional agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from neighborhood agents is especially important in Lubbock.
By using this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to companies in Lubbock that can provide free Lubbock auto insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to you. If you have a need to compare prices from one company in particular, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting a provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Texas?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Lubbock?
More comparisons equals cheaper rates
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to compare Mazda CX-5 insurance car insurance rates in Lubbock. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Low-cost Mazda CX-5 insurance in Lubbock is possible from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Lubbock, so you need to quote Lubbock auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not offer price quotes online and these small, regional companies work with local independent agents.
More detailed insurance information is located by following these links:
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Lubbock Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Government Employees in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 70 in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)