To save the most money, the best way to get budget Mazda 3 insurance in Lubbock is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers who provide car insurance in Texas. You can shop around by following these steps.
- First, learn about policy coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like traffic violations and an imperfect credit rating can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article provides the details to prevent rate hikes and get additional discounts.
- Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to compare as many companies as you can. This enables the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
It's safe to conclude that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. People who compare rates at least once a year will probably move their business because there is a great chance of getting low-cost coverage. A recent auto insurance study revealed that consumers who compared rates annually saved as much as $3,500 over four years compared to those who didn't regularly shop around.
If finding the cheapest rates on Mazda 3 insurance is your ultimate objective, then having an understanding of how to choose a company and compare car insurance can save money and time.
Companies offering Mazda 3 insurance in Texas
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Lubbock, TX. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Analysis of coverages
The premium table shown next highlights different coverage prices for Mazda 3 models. Having a better idea how auto insurance prices are formulated can help drivers make smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|3 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$266||$492||$514||$30||$154||$1,456||$121|
|3 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$266||$492||$514||$30||$154||$1,456||$121|
|3 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$266||$580||$514||$30||$154||$1,544||$129|
|3 S Sport 4-Dr Hatchback||$300||$580||$514||$30||$154||$1,578||$132|
|3 S Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$300||$580||$514||$30||$154||$1,578||$132|
|3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Hatchback||$300||$580||$514||$30||$154||$1,578||$132|
|3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$300||$580||$514||$30||$154||$1,578||$132|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in your specific Lubbock location which can affect auto insurance rates greatly.
The illustration below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can impact Mazda 3 annual premium costs for each age group. The rates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Impact of age and gender on auto insurance rates
The illustration below compares Mazda 3 yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving citations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
Smart Consumers Can Slash Their Insurance Costs
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you know what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you lower premium levels.
- Do you need those incidental coverages? - There are many optional add-on coverages that you can buy on your auto insurance policy. Things like personal injury protection, accidental death, and additional equipment coverage could be just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so remove them and pocket the money.
- Annual mileage and car insurance prices - The more you drive your Mazda in a year's time the more you'll pay to insure it. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based upon how much you drive. Autos that do not get driven very much can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Incorrect rating for your 3 is throwing money out the window. Verify your auto insurance policy correctly shows the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Accidents drive up prices - Careful drivers have lower premiums as compared to careless drivers. Even a single driving citation may cause rates to rise forty percent or more. People who have severe violations such as DUI or reckless driving may find that they have to to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state's licensing department in order to keep their license.
The example below demonstrates how citations and accident claims influence Mazda 3 insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The information is based on a married male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
- Maintain auto insurance coverage - Driving with no insurance can get your license suspended and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance lapse. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a steep fine or even jail time.
Mazda 3 claim data - Insurance companies analyze historical claim data as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that historically have higher number or severity of losses will have higher premium rates. The information below illustrates the loss history for Mazda 3 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is considered to be 100. Percentage numbers below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 point to more claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Mazda 3 Models Specific Mazda Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mazda 3 99 104 96 106 110 103 Mazda 3 Hatchback 91 80 96 81 73 86BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lubbock insurance discounts for a Mazda 3
Some insurers don't always list the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the list below details a few of the more well known as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Insuring a new 3 can be considerably cheaper since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Cautious Driver Discount - Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Multiple Policy Discount - When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance and place coverage with the same company you may save up to 20% off your total 3 insurance premium.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive a slight reduction on a Lubbock car insurance quote.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Select auto insurance companies reward you with better auto insurance rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
As a footnote on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, that's just not realistic.
The example below compares Mazda 3 yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The data is based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
Some companies that possibly offer these discounts are:
If you need the cheapest Mazda 3 rate quotes, ask each company which discounts they offer. Some credits may not apply to policies in your area. To see insurers with the best Mazda 3 insurance discounts in Texas, click here.
When to have guidance from an insurance agency
A small number of people just want to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is you may find the lowest rates but also keep your business local. And buying from local insurance agents is especially important in Lubbock.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the quote information is emailed to insurance agents in Lubbock that provide free Lubbock car insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. You don't have to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Insurance agent types
If you need to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they function. Agents in Lubbock are categorized either independent or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured. When shopping rates, you will definitely want to get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Lubbock who may be able to give you price quote information.
- Ashmore and Associates Insurance Agency, LLC
6102 82nd St #6 - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 745-8358 - View Map
- Bledsoe Insurance Agency
5143 69th St - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 794-8686 - View Map
- Budget Insurance Agency
2508 Auburn St - Lubbock, TX 79415 - (806) 749-8600 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only place business with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on their company's products which aids in selling service over price. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below are Lubbock exclusive agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Lisa Caldwell - State Farm Insurance Agent
2418 19th St - Lubbock, TX 79401 - (806) 799-1628 - View Map
- Jason Grisham - State Farm® Insurance Agent
1102 Slide Rd, 33 - Lubbock, TX 79416 - (806) 793-3101 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Rc Calderon
1314 50th St - Lubbock, TX 79412 - (806) 741-1515 - View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- How long have they been in business?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Lubbock?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Everyone's needs are different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer's policy when using it for work?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Does my Mazda 3 need full coverage?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Texas minimum liability coverage?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
If you're not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form.
Get the best coverage at the best price
We just presented many tips how you can compare Mazda 3 insurance rates in Lubbock. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best rates are with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
People switch companies for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in paying claims, high prices and being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is less work than it seems.
More affordable auto insurance in Lubbock is attainable online and also from your neighborhood Lubbock agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some auto insurance companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
More detailed auto insurance information can be read at these sites: