Do you want lower-priced Mazda 2 insurance in Lubbock? Feel like you’re a prisoner to an expensive insurance policy? Don’t sweat it because many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out.
Sadly, a large majority of drivers have bought insurance from the same company for over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Drivers in the United States could save themselves $859 a year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate the big savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
How to find cheaper rates for Mazda 2 insurance in Lubbock
To save the most money, the best way to get affordable Mazda 2 insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers in Lubbock.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like traffic violations and a low credit rating can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources. View insurance agents
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel the current policy and submit a signed application and payment to the new insurer. Immediately store the proof of insurance paperwork with the vehicle registration.
An important note is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Vehicle owners have so many auto insurance companies to pick from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, more choices can make it harder to locate the cheapest rates for Mazda 2 insurance in Lubbock.
You need to take a look at other company’s rates before your next renewal because prices tend to go up over time. If you had the lowest rate on Mazda 2 insurance in Lubbock at your last renewal there may be better deals available now. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about 2 insurance on the web, but I’m going to show you the best ways to lower your insurance bill.
Locating the best rates in Lubbock is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to find the best rates using the ideas covered in this article. Drivers just need to use the most efficient way to get comparison rates instantly.
Get discounts on Lubbock insurance
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there may be some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Mazda can earn lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts as opposed to policyholders that have many claims.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Lubbock car insurance but check with your company.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
- Homeowners Savings – Just being a homeowner can get you a discount because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
Larger insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for multi-policy, good student, renewal discount, 55 and retired, and youthful driver.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, anti-theft, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, and accident-free.
- Progressive discounts include good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- Allstate may offer discounts for premier plus, good payer, multi-policy, utility vehicle, premier discount, resident student, and defensive driver.
- Nationwide may include discounts for anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, good student, easy pay, and business or organization.
- MetLife has discounts for accident-free, multi-policy, good driver, claim-free, and good student.
If you need affordable Lubbock car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Some credits may not apply everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies with discount rates in Texas, follow this link.
Where can I get low cost Lubbock Mazda 2 insurance?
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Lubbock, TX. To get cheap car insurance in Lubbock, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
What if I want to buy from local Lubbock auto insurance agents?
A lot of people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! Professional insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain lower car insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent directly to you. If you need to compare rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurance company should include more criteria than just the price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Who are their largest clients?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Is the quote a firm price?
If you are wanting to find an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies in Lubbock are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company such as Allstate and State Farm. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They are highly trained on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Lubbock that can give you price quote information.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not write with just one company so they can quote policies through lots of different companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies which makes it simple for you. When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison.
Shown below are Lubbock independent insurance agencies that can give you price quotes.
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Mazda 2 in Lubbock, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
First, just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your vehicle, most lenders will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Mazda for a much higher rate and make you pay for it.
Third, insurance protects both your Mazda 2 and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average driver in Texas is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so shop around every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Car insurance 101
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Car insurance terms can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are the usual coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Comprehensive car insurance – Comprehensive insurance covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like rock chips in glass, a broken windshield, theft and hitting a bird. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills for things like ambulance fees, funeral costs and EMT expenses. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Mazda 2.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 30/60/25), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Liability coverages – This coverage protects you from damage that occurs to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 30/60/25 that translate to $30,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims such as court costs, bail bonds and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Texas requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
The chart below demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with another car or object. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things like sideswiping another vehicle, rolling your car, crashing into a ditch, backing into a parked car and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible on your 2 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Lubbock auto insurance companies
Ending up with the highest-rated insurance company can be challenging considering how many companies are available to choose from in Texas. The ranking information shown below can help you pick which car insurance companies to look at comparing prices from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Lower-priced Mazda 2 insurance in Lubbock can be purchased online in addition to many Lubbock insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not provide price quotes online and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to lower your Mazda 2 insurance rates in Lubbock. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Mazda 2 rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with the least-expected company. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed full coverage only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
How to find affordable Mazda 2 insurance in Lubbock
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get low-cost car insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Lubbock. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Get a basic knowledge of policy coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many things that cause high rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a low credit rating can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple sources. Start a quote
- Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper 2 coverage is available. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical coverage information on each quote request and to quote with as many carriers as you can. This enables a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lubbock Car Insurance Quotes for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lubbock Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 70 in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)