Shocking but true, almost 70% of insureds have bought auto insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Most drivers in Texas could save roughly 70% each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t want to spend time to shop their coverage around.
The best way we recommend to save money on Nissan Murano insurance is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers in Lubbock.
- Step 1: Try to understand how car insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that increase rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a not-so-good credit history can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Later in this article we will cover information to help prevent expensive coverage and get bigger discounts.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One thing to remember is to compare similar coverage information on every quote request and and to look at as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
The easiest way to compare rates for Nissan Murano insurance in Lubbock is to know most insurance companies participate in online systems to give you rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details including if your license is active, which vehicles you own, the ages of drivers, and how many miles driven. The data is instantly provided to many highly-rated insurers and they respond with quotes almost instantly.
To start a quote now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Lubbock, TX. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Lubbock, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Rates and detailed analysis
The premium table shown below highlights detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Nissan Murano models. Learning a little about how rates are formulated can assist in making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Murano S 2WD||$208||$312||$500||$30||$150||$1,200||$100|
|Murano S AWD||$208||$312||$500||$30||$150||$1,200||$100|
|Murano SL 2WD||$208||$312||$500||$30||$150||$1,200||$100|
|Murano SL AWD||$208||$312||$500||$30||$150||$1,200||$100|
|Murano LE 2WD||$234||$368||$500||$30||$150||$1,282||$107|
|Murano LE AWD||$234||$368||$500||$30||$150||$1,282||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in Lubbock location which can change coverage prices greatly.
Safe drivers pay cheaper rates
The chart below demonstrates how traffic citations and accidents impact Nissan Murano auto insurance costs for each different age group. The information is based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Nissan Murano annual premium costs with full coverage and liability only. The prices are based on no claims or driving citations, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no definitive rule of when to eliminate comp and collision coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Nissan Murano book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $300 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few situations where only buying liability is not advised. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Cheap Nissan Murano insurance quotes in Lubbock
Some insurers don’t always publicize the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known as well as the least known credits that may apply to you.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your entire bill at once rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Lubbock car insurance quote than drivers with accidents.
- Driver Education Discount – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class as it can save substantially.
- Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a lower premium rate if you buy some life insurance too.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will cut the cost of your policy.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Nissan Murano insurance prices with and without policy discounts. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
To view companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Texas, click here.
Buying the right Nissan vehicle insurance in Texas is an important decision
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific limits of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Nissan Murano with a loan, most banks will require that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Nissan at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your Nissan and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Murano definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How to find a good Texas auto insurance company
Buying coverage from the best insurance company can be challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Texas. The company information shown next could help you select which auto insurance companies you want to consider comparing prices from.
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Car insurance can get complicated
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Should I buy only the required Texas minimum liability coverage?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- What are good deductibles for a Nissan Murano?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Buying insurance from Lubbock auto insurance agents
Certain consumers would rather have an agent’s advice and that is OK! The best thing about getting online price quotes is you can get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting neighborhood agents is important particularly in Lubbock.
By using this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to companies in Lubbock that provide free Lubbock car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. You can get cheaper insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an company requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Which family members are covered?