Shockingly, almost 70% of drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and nearly half have never compared rates from other carriers. Lubbock insurance shoppers could save an average of up to 70% each year just by comparing rates, but most just don't grasp how much money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
The best way to find cheaper prices for Nissan Juke insurance in Lubbock is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers who provide auto insurance in Texas. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Get an understanding of how auto insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many things that drive up the price such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a not-so-good credit score can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The most important part of this process is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get price estimates from every insurance company. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
Obtaining price quotes for the best-priced car insurance coverage in Lubbock is actually quite simple. Virtually everyone who is looking for a better price on car insurance will most likely be able to lower their premiums. Nevertheless, Texas drivers can benefit by having an understanding of how big insurance companies sell insurance online and apply this information to your search.
Companies offering affordable Nissan Juke prices in Lubbock, TX
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Texas. To find the best cheap car insurance in Lubbock, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Auto insurance discounts are available to lower rates
Companies do not list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Lubbock car insurance online.
- Military Rewards - Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Cars that have air bags could see savings of 25 to 30%.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Discount for Life Insurance - If the company offers life insurance, you could get lower prices if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Club Memberships - Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next auto insurance statement.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Drivers who insure multiple cars with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Defensive Driver - Completing a course teaching defensive driver skills is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Full Payment Discount - If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Federal Employees - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction with select insurance companies.
- Paper-free Discount - Many insurance companies will give you a small discount simply for signing on the internet.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don't apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don't profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will lower the cost of your policy.
To see a list of insurers with significant discounts in Lubbock, click here to view.
Car insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Many people prefer to have an agent's advice and that is a personal choice. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get the best rates but also keep your business local. Buying from neighborhood agents is definitely important in Lubbock.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your business. You won't need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to quote rates for a specific company, just find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
When finding a reliable insurance agency, you should know the different types of agents and how they function. Agencies in Lubbock are either exclusive or independent.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type do not write with just one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, they simply switch companies in-house and you won't have to switch agencies.
If you need lower rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many can place coverage with companies you've never heard of that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Lubbock who can help you get free car insurance rate quotes.
- Sanford and Tatum Insurance Agency
5241 98th St - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 792-5564 - View Map
- David Tate Insurance Agency LLP
5233 79th St - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 794-1177 - View Map
- Bledsoe Insurance Agency
5143 69th St - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 794-8686 - View Map
These type of agents can usually just insure with one company such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to compare other company's rates so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Lubbock that are able to give rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Marvin Grimes
6102 82nd St Unit 3b - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 797-2607 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Bill Eggar
10101 Quaker Ave - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 792-5200 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Doug Townsend
3901 84th St - Lubbock, TX 79423 - (806) 698-1611 - View Map
Selecting an insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. A good agent in Lubbock will have answers to these questions.
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Lubbock?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
What is the best car insurance company in Lubbock?
Picking the best car insurance provider can be challenging considering how many different companies sell coverage in Texas. The company ratings in the next section could help you pick which auto insurers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers - A++
- USAA - A++
- GEICO - A++
- State Farm - A++
- Titan Insurance - A+
- Esurance - A+
- Progressive - A+
- The Hartford - A+
- Allstate - A+
- Nationwide - A+
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Auto insurance 101
Learning about specific coverages of a car insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Car insurance terms can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive car insurance
This coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from flooding, fire damage, vandalism and a broken windshield. The highest amount your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage protection
This pays for damage to your Juke caused by collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things like colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a building, crashing into a ditch, rolling your car and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also increase the deductible on your Juke in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when the "other guys" are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle's damage.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 30/60/25), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Coverage for liability
This protects you from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property by causing an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 30/60/25 which means $30,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $60,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things such as loss of income, bail bonds, repair costs for stationary objects and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but buy higher limits if possible. Texas requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below shows why minimum state limits may not be adequate coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for bills for things like EMT expenses, chiropractic care and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Don't give up on affordable premiums
As you quote Lubbock car insurance, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, unfair underwriting practices, high rates after DUI convictions and even delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can compare Nissan Juke insurance rates in Lubbock. It's most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from the least-expected company.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Lubbock Auto Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lubbock Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)