Do you want more competitive Lincoln MKS insurance in Lubbock? Finding the cheapest insurance for a Lincoln MKS in Texas can be difficult, but you can follow the following methods and make it easy. There is a right way and a wrong way to buy insurance and we'll show you the best way to price shop coverage on a Lincoln and obtain the best price possible.
How You Can Control Lincoln MKS Insurance Premiums
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the things that aid in calculating your premiums. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in lower premium levels.
Performance influences rates - The performance of the car you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in determining your rates. The most favorable rates are for lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The data below assumes a married female driver age 50, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Lincoln MKS car insurance rates compared to other models that have different performances.
Cheaper rates with high physical damage deductibles - The deductibles you choose represent how much money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Protection for physical damage, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims could be colliding with a stationary object, vandalism, or theft of your vehicle. The more of the claim you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
Careless drivers pay higher prices - Having just one speeding ticket can boost insurance rates by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who don't get tickets get better prices compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers with severe violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may face state-mandated requirements to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The information below shows how traffic citations and at-fault claims can affect Lincoln MKS insurance premiums for different age groups. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Insure car and home with the same company - Many car insurance companies will give a discount to customers who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to ten or even fifteen percent. If you currently are using one company, it's still a good idea to get quotes from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates. You may still be able to save even more even if you have your coverage with different companies
Lincoln MKS claim probability - Insurance companies use claims history to calculate a price that will offset losses. Vehicles that are shown to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table shown below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Lincoln MKS vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole is represented as 100. Numbers that are below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Specific Lincoln Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lincoln MKS 4dr 2WD||121||90||140||78||103|
|Lincoln MKS 4dr 4WD||135||89||204||89|
|Lincoln MKS Ecoboost 4dr 4WD||139||93||153||87|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Most larger insurance companies make it easy to get price estimates on the web. Comparing Lincoln MKS insurance rates online is pretty easy as you simply enter your personal and coverage information as detailed in the form. Once entered, the quote system makes automated requests for information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price quote based on many factors.
This makes it simple to compare prices and it's very important to get many rate quotes if you are searching for affordable prices.
To quickly compare pricing, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you duplicate your coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you will be getting a rate comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Texas. To get the best cheap auto insurance in Lubbock, we suggest you get prices from several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Lincoln MKS insurance rate analysis
The premium information shown next showcases detailed analysis of insurance rates for Lincoln MKS models. Having a better understanding of how premiums are determined can help you make informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKS AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$344||$542||$424||$26||$128||$1,464||$122|
|MKS 4-Dr Sedan||$344||$542||$424||$26||$128||$1,464||$122|
|MKS Ecoboost AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$378||$614||$424||$26||$128||$1,570||$131|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in specific location information which can affect rates substantially.
The information below shows how different deductible levels and can affect Lincoln MKS yearly insurance costs for each different age category. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Car insurance rates based on gender
The illustration below shows the difference between Lincoln MKS yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no violations or accidents, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Cost of full coverage in Lubbock
The example below illustrates the difference between Lincoln MKS insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. Data assumes no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no definitive rule that is best for determining when to drop full coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Lincoln MKS replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying over $500 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where buying only liability insurance is not advised. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Lincoln MKS in Lubbock, maintaining insurance is mandatory in Texas but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Lincoln MKS with a loan, most banks will force you to have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Lincoln at a much higher premium rate and make you pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Lincoln MKS. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. As of last year, the average driver in Texas is overpaying more than $869 every year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Discounts can help lower rates on Lincoln MKS insurance in Lubbock
Some providers do not advertise every available discount very well, so the list below details both the well known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Lubbock auto insurance online.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Insuring primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Telematics Discount - Policyholders that allow companies to look at vehicle usage by using a telematic data system such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- Own a Home and Save - Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Pay Early and Save - If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Drive Less and Save - Driving fewer miles could qualify for slightly better insurance rates than normal.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Larger insurance companies have a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Safe Driver Discount - Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
Discounts lower rates, but most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn't work that way.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Lincoln MKS car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few companies that have most of the discounts above include:
If you want cheaper Lubbock auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in every state. To view providers who offer insurance discounts in Texas, click here.
When should I have guidance from an agent?
Some consumers still prefer to sit down with an agent and that is not a bad decision Experienced insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Lubbock that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent to you instantly. If you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Lubbock?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
When researching an insurance agent, it's important to understand the different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Insurance agents in Lubbock may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either can write policy coverage, but it is important to understand the differences since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. Consumers sometimes buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Lubbock that can give you price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Danny Sellers
7302 82nd St Ste 11 - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 866-2702 - View Map
- Roddy Simmons Jr - State Farm Insurance Agent
2124 34th St - Lubbock, TX 79411 - (806) 747-5759 - View Map
- Keith Potts - State Farm Insurance Agent
6110 Frankford Ave A - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 794-5084 - View Map
Independent agents are not employed by any specific company so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally which requires no work on your part. When comparing rates, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from a few independent agents to get the best comparison. Most also have access to companies you've never heard of that many times have cheaper rates.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Lubbock that can give you price quote information.
- Sims-Perrin Insurance
3302 34th St - Lubbock, TX 79410 - (806) 795-4301 - View Map
- Alan Henry Insurance Agency
3405 19th St - Lubbock, TX 79410 - (806) 792-3771 - View Map
- Holmes/Bednarz Insurance Agency
5717 66th St #110 - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 748-5453 - View Map
Always remember that when buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might point out whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Persistence is the key to cheap rates
There are still a few companies who don't offer online rate quotes and most of the time these smaller companies only sell through independent agencies. Lower-priced car insurance in Lubbock is attainable on the web and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection.
We just presented a lot of information how to shop for Lincoln MKS insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a small local company.
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, delays in paying claims, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even high prices. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Steps to buying affordable Lincoln MKS insurance in Lubbock
The recommended way to find cheaper prices for car insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from providers in Lubbock.
- First, try to learn about car insurance and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Lubbock. If you can save some money and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a signed application and payment for the new policy. Once coverage is bound, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
One thing to remember is that you'll want to make sure you compare similar limits and deductibles on each quote and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
More detailed car insurance information is located in the articles below:
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Lubbock Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lubbock Car Insurance for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)