Regrettably, the vast majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Many drivers in the United States could save nearly $850 each year by just comparing quotes, but they don't know the amount of money they would save if they just switched companies.
The recommended way to find low-cost prices for Kia Soul insurance is to annually compare prices from different companies that insure vehicles in Lubbock.
- Try to understand how insurance companies determine prices and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many factors that result in higher rates like distracted driving and a low credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. View companies
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on Soul insurance. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A tip to remember is to try to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Our goal is to instruct you on the best way to buy inexpensive auto insurance and some tricks to saving. If you're already insured, you will surely be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using the techniques covered below. You just have to understand the proper way to find the lowest price online.
Cheap Lubbock car insurance quotes with discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but companies offer discounts that you may not know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you quote, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested before being credited. If you don't get every credit you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Telematics Devices - Drivers that enable driving data submission to scrutinize where and when they drive by installing a telematics device like Allstate's Drivewise might see lower rates if they show good driving skills.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Some larger companies give discounts for switching companies before your current Soul insurance policy expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning a house in Lubbock can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Anti-theft System - Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Driving fewer miles may allow you to get substantially lower car insurance rates.
Don't be surprised that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, companies don't profit that way.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Kia Soul yearly insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premiums are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, marriage, homeowner, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
If you would like to view companies that offer multiple discounts in Lubbock, follow this link.
How to get affordable Kia Soul insurance in Lubbock, Texas
Finding low cost auto insurance rates isn't really that difficult. All that's required is to spend a few minutes on the computer to get quotes to discover which company has the cheapest Kia Soul rate quotes.
It's so fast and easy to compare quotes online that it makes it a waste of time to spend your day driving to different agent offices. The ability to get quotes online has reduced the need for local agents unless you prefer the guidance of a licensed agent. It is possible with some companies compare the best prices online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
The providers in the list below offer comparison quotes in Lubbock, TX. If you wish to find cheaper auto insurance in Lubbock, we suggest you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
Kia Soul insurance charts and tables
The premium information shown below covers estimates of rate quotes for Kia Soul models. Having a better understanding of how insurance policy premiums are figured can help customers make decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in specific garaging location which can affect coverage rates substantially.
Rate comparison of male drivers versus female drivers
The example below visualizes the comparison of Kia Soul premium costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no violations or accidents, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Liability only or full coverage
The example below visualizes the comparison of Kia Soul auto insurance rates with and without full coverage. The rates are based on no accidents or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no set guideline to delete physical damage coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's assume your Kia Soul book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying over $400 a year to have full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some scenarios where dropping full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
It's not one size fits all
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online, there isn't really a one size fits all plan. Every situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. For instance, these questions may help highlight if you will benefit from professional help.
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Can I insure my car for more than it's worth?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Comparing quotes from local Lubbock insurance agencies
Some consumers just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Professional agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about comparing auto insurance online is you may find lower premium rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local agents is important especially in Lubbock.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your business. There is no reason to drive around as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you wish to compare rates from a particular provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
If you need to find a local insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Agents in Lubbock can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can write policy coverage, but it's good to learn how they are different because it can factor into your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents often have many company appointments and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you should always contact multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Lubbock who may provide free rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well trained on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Lubbock that are able to give rate quotes.
Finding the right insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- How many companies do they write for?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Texas?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Who are their largest clients?
After talking to the agent and getting satisfactory answers to any questions you may have as well as the cheapest Kia Soul insurance in Lubbock quotes, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that can be relied on to insure your vehicles.
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though it can be expensive, paying for insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Soul, almost all lenders will require you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Kia at a more expensive rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Kia gets damaged, your insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Soul more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. As of last year, the average driver in Texas overpays as much as $750 every year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Car insurance coverages for a Kia Soul
Knowing the specifics of your car insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are the usual coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Kia Soul.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 30/60/25), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for expenses for funeral costs, X-ray expenses and nursing services. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers you and your occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage protection
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things like crashing into a ditch, driving through your garage door and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. It's also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Soul to get cheaper collision coverage.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like damage from getting keyed, hitting a deer, hail damage and hitting a bird. The highest amount you'll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to other people or property that is your fault. It protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 30/60/25 that means you have $30,000 bodily injury coverage, $60,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for claims such as pain and suffering, legal defense fees and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Texas state minimum liability requirements are 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
The illustration below demonstrates why low liability limits may not be enough.
Auto insurance companies ranked
Ending up with the right auto insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies sell coverage in Texas. The company rank data below may help you choose which car insurance providers you want to consider when shopping around.
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA - 91%
- AAA Insurance - 90%
- Esurance - 90%
- Mercury Insurance - 89%
- Nationwide - 89%
- Travelers - 88%
- Progressive - 88%
- Safeco Insurance - 88%
- State Farm - 88%
- Allstate - 88%
Shop around and save
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don't reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price.
We covered a lot of ways to compare Kia Soul insurance rates in Lubbock. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Lubbock car insurance, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Lubbock car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
Much more information about auto insurance in Texas is available at the links below
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Lubbock Car Insurance for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Active Military in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lubbock Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)