If you want to save the most money, the best way to get budget car insurance rates in Lubbock is to regularly compare quotes from providers who can sell car insurance in Texas. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that drive up the price like traffic citations and a lousy credit rating can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for additional tips to help keep rates affordable and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates for many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit payment and a completed application to your new company or agent. Once received, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle's registration.
A tip to remember is to try to use identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It's a fact that car insurance companies don't want you to look for cheaper rates. Insureds who shop for lower rates will most likely switch to a new company because of the good chance of finding a more affordable policy. A survey found that consumers who routinely shopped around saved on average $865 annually compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding budget-friendly Kia Optima insurance in Lubbock is your target objective, understanding the best ways to find and compare car insurance can help you be more efficient.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Kia Optima insurance in Lubbock
Some insurance providers do not advertise all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Lubbock auto insurance online.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver's education class if it's offered in school.
- Drive Safe and Save - Safe drivers may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Good Student Discount - Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Lubbock auto insurance quote. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Professional Organizations - Belonging to a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for car insurance.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Successfully completing a course in driver safety is a good idea and can lower rates and also improve your driving technique.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Drivers who insure multiple cars on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Life Insurance - Larger car insurance companies have a discounted price on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
Don't be shocked that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won't be that lucky. Any amount of discount should definitely cut the cost of your policy.
The information below compares Kia Optima insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
To view insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Texas, click here to view.
To get inexpensive Lubbock auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to compare quotes from lots of Texas car insurance companies. The best way to find affordable insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
It's so simple to compare car insurance price quotes online makes it obsolete to drive to different Lubbock agent offices. The ability to quote Kia Optima insurance online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you have a need for the professional abilities only provided by licensed Lubbock agents. Drivers can find lower rates online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
When comparison shopping, quoting more will increase your chances of finding a lower rate than you're paying now.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Texas. To find the best auto insurance in TX, we suggest you visit several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Car insurance analysis for a Kia Optima
The rate information shown below highlights a range of prices for Kia Optima models. Learning more about how insurance policy rates are calculated is important for making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can alter premiums noticeably.
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Kia Optima insurance costs for each age group. The prices are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
How much more does full coverage cost in Lubbock?
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Kia Optima auto insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Texas. The premiums assume no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no exact formula of when to drop full coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's say your Kia Optima replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $6,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are currently paying more than $600 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not a good plan. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Lubbock Insurance Costs are Influenced by These Factors
Many factors are used when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are more transparent such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
The following are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine premiums.
- Bundle policies to earn discounts - Many companies apply discounts for people that purchase more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you're getting this discount you may still want to compare other company rates to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Save annual miles and save money - Driving a lot of miles annually the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies charge rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than cars that get driven a lot. Double check that your insurance coverage reflects the proper vehicle usage. Incorrect rating for your Optima can cost quite a bit.
- Protect yourself with liability - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance kicks in if a jury decides you are liable for an accident. It provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Advanced GPS tracking and theft deterrents - Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can earn a premium discount. Systems that thwart thieves such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart car theft.
- Frequent insurance claims will cost you more - If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in Texas provide better rates to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. Insurance coverage is intended for more catastrophic claims.
- Raise comp and collision deductibles and save - Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage insurance, also called 'full coverage', insures against damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a windshield broken by a bird, damage caused by hail, and having a roll-over accident. The more money you're willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Insurance loss statistics a Kia Optima - Companies analyze the history of losses to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Vehicles that have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates.
The data below shows the actual insurance loss data for Kia Optima vehicles. For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is a value of 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are above 100 point to more losses or larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Kia Optima Vehicles Specific Kia Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Optima 115 101 107 133 142 120 Kia Optima Hybrid 143 115 116 139 158 151BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When should I talk to a local insurance agent?
Certain consumers would rather talk to a local agent and that is just fine! One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from local insurance agencies is especially important in Lubbock.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your information is transmitted to insurance agents in Lubbock who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper insurance rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
If you would like to find a local agent, it's important to understand the different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Lubbock are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent do not sell for just one brand and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you compare quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Lubbock who may provide price quote information.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only place business with one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are well schooled on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below are Lubbock exclusive agents willing to provide price quote information.
Selecting a car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Lubbock?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
Why you need quality insurance for your Kia vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Kia Optima in Lubbock, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it's most likely the lender will force you to buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Kia at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay for it.
- Car insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Best car insurance in Lubbock
Ending up with the right auto insurance company can be challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Lubbock. The information in the next section may help you decide which companies you want to consider purchasing from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Persistent drivers can save
While you're price shopping online, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
Cheap Kia Optima insurance in Lubbock can be purchased both online and with local Lubbock insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not provide price quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers only sell through local independent agents.
Other learning opportunities
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Lubbock Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lubbock Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lubbock Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)