If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get the cheapest Jeep Wrangler insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from different companies in Lubbock. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Try to understand how your policy works and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as inattentive driving and an imperfect credit score can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find better rates, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new insurance company. Immediately store the certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
An essential thing to point out is to try to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get prices from as many companies as you can. This ensures a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
It goes without saying that auto insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Drivers who shop around for a cheaper policy will probably switch companies because they have a good chance of finding a more affordable policy. A study showed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved approximately $72 a month compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the best price on Jeep Wrangler insurance is why you’re reading this, then having some knowledge of how to find and compare coverage rates can help simplify the process.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Lubbock is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. If you are already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to save money using these techniques. Smart buyers just need to use the most efficient way to compare different rates from many companies at once.
Rates and statistics
The premium table displayed next showcases a range of coverage costs for Jeep Wrangler models. Understanding more about how insurance premiums are formulated can help customers make smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$238||$258||$500||$30||$150||$1,176||$98|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2WD 4-Dr||$238||$258||$624||$36||$186||$1,342||$112|
|Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$238||$328||$500||$30||$150||$1,246||$104|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4WD 4-Dr||$272||$258||$624||$36||$186||$1,376||$115|
|Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$272||$328||$500||$30||$150||$1,280||$107|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport Islander Package 4WD 4-Dr||$272||$258||$624||$36||$186||$1,376||$115|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$272||$258||$624||$36||$186||$1,376||$115|
|Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$272||$328||$500||$30||$150||$1,280||$107|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD 4-Dr||$272||$328||$624||$36||$186||$1,446||$121|
|Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 4-Dr||$308||$328||$624||$36||$186||$1,482||$124|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in garaging location in Lubbock which can affect insurance rates significantly.
Violations and accidents raise rates
The information below illustrates how violations and accidents influence Jeep Wrangler insurance premiums for different age groups of insureds. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Do you need full coverage?
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Jeep Wrangler car insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The information is based on no claims or violations, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no set rule to stop buying comp and collision coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Jeep Wrangler replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after paying your deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $700 annually to have full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Get Lower-cost Insurance Prices by Understanding These Factors
Many factors are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but others are more obscure such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility. An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower rates.
The itemized list below are a few of the things used by your company to calculate rates.
- How many coverages with the same company – Lots of insurers provide a discount to buyers who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Lower deductibles cost more – Insurance for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, covers damage that occurs to your Jeep. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a broken windshield, hitting a deer, and damage caused by flying debris. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The higher the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- Lower rates for married couples – Walking down the aisle actually saves money when buying car insurance. Marriage translates into being less irresponsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Choosing to live in less populated areas of the country can save you money when talking about car insurance. City drivers have to deal with more traffic problems and more severe claims. Less people translates into fewer accident claims and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
What type of car do you drive? – The type of car you need to insure makes a significant difference in your premium level. The cheapest insurance rates are usually for small economy passenger cars, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The data below is based on a married female driver age 50, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Jeep Wrangler rates compared to other vehicles that have different performances.
Jeep Wrangler insurance loss data – Insurance companies use data from past claims to help determine the rate you pay. Vehicles that historically have higher losses will have higher premium rates.
The information below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Jeep Wrangler vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, equals 100. Percentage values below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater indicate a higher chance of having a claim or tendency to have higher losses.
Jeep Wrangler Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Wrangler 2dr SWB 4WD 54 134 71 57 52 102 Jeep Wrangler 4dr 4WD 58 151 82 66 62 120BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
How much can you save?
We just covered a lot of information how to shop for Jeep Wrangler insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
Lower-priced car insurance in Lubbock is definitely available both online as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies do not provide online price quotes and usually these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
Additional detailed information is available in these articles:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Lubbock Auto Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lubbock Auto Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lubbock Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Santa Fe? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lubbock Car Insurance for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Active Military in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lubbock Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Retired Military in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)