It's an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Drivers who shop around for cheaper prices are highly likely to move their business because they stand a good chance of finding lower prices. A recent insurance study discovered that people who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved over $860 a year compared to people who never compared prices.
If finding the cheapest price on Jeep Liberty insurance is your target objective, then having some knowledge of how to quote and compare auto insurance can help you be more efficient.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find affordable quotes for auto insurance rates in Lubbock is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Texas. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- First, read about what is in your policy and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many things that result in higher prices like speeding tickets, careless driving and poor credit can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies. Compare rates
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Lubbock. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new agent or company. Immediately upon receiving it, store the certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The critical component of shopping around is that you'll want to make sure you compare identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
If you have coverage now, you stand a good chance to be able to find the best rates using these techniques. Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Lubbock can initially seem challenging. Nevertheless, Texas vehicle owners do need to know how the larger insurance companies determine prices and use this information to your advantage.
Smart Buyers Save Money
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but others are less obvious such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
Avoid traffic tickets - Your driving citation history has a huge affect on how much you pay. Careful drivers receive lower rates compared to bad drivers. Just one speeding ticket or other violation may cause rates to rise by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with dangerous tickets like reckless driving or DUI are required to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
The example below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can raise Jeep Liberty insurance premiums for different insured age categories. The data is based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Higher comp and collision deductibles lower costs - The deductibles you choose state the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. Insurance for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims could be rear-ending another vehicle, animal collisions, or theft of your vehicle. The more damage repair cost you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Policy add-ons add up - There are quite a few extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren't diligent. Coverage for things like coverage for rental cars, towing coverage, and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but if they're wasting money consider taking them off your policy.
Does auto insurance cost more for men? - Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. This data doesn't prove that males are worse at driving than females. Both sexes cause accidents at a similar rate, but males cause more damage. They also get higher numbers of serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Male teenagers are several times more likely to be in an accident so it costs more to insure them.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Jeep Liberty annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims or driving citations, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Do safer cars cost less to insure? - Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and better occupant protection means your insurance company pays less passed on to you as lower rates. If your Jeep scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
Bundle policies with the same company - Most major insurance companies will award a discount to people who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you already get this discount, it's still a good idea to comparison shop to ensure the best deal.There is a good possibility that you can save money by insuring with multiple companies.
Your spouse saves you money - Having a spouse actually saves money when shopping for car insurance. Having a significant other means you're more responsible and it's proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Jeep Liberty insurance analysis
The premium table below covers estimates of prices for Jeep Liberty models. Being able to understand how prices are calculated can be valuable when making smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Liberty Sport 2WD||$274||$550||$496||$30||$148||$1,498||$125|
|Liberty Limited 2WD||$314||$550||$496||$30||$148||$1,538||$128|
|Liberty Renegade 4WD||$314||$550||$496||$30||$148||$1,538||$128|
|Liberty Sport 4WD||$314||$550||$496||$30||$148||$1,538||$128|
|Liberty Limited 4WD||$314||$670||$496||$30||$148||$1,658||$138|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in specific zip code location which can affect insurance rates significantly.
The diagram below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can influence Jeep Liberty insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Companies offer many discounts on Jeep Liberty insurance in Lubbock
Some providers don't always publicize every policy discount very well, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy Lubbock auto insurance online. If you don't get every credit you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with cheaper prices.
- Driving Data Discount - Insureds that choose to allow companies to track when and where they use their vehicle remotely such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- Federal Employees - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you may save up to 20% and get you cheap Liberty insurance.
- Good Grades Discount - This discount could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking time to complete a course that instructs on driving safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Buy New and Save - Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper since newer models are generally safer.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars with anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Liberty insurance in Lubbock.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that you could get a free auto insurance policy, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Jeep Liberty auto insurance rates with and without some available policy discounts. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- State Farm may include discounts for anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, driver's education, good driver, and safe vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for switch companies, business and professional, early shopping, electronic funds transfer, mature driver, and distant student.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- GEICO offers discounts for federal employee, driver training, military active duty, air bags, daytime running lights, and multi-policy.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, company car, group or association, multiple vehicles, air bags, and teen driver.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include defensive driver, good student, vehicle fuel type, bundle, and air bag.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including youthful driver, safe driver, driver training, good student, and 55 and retired.
- USAA discounts include loyalty savings, multi-vehicle, safe driver, military installation, good student, vehicle storage, and multi-policy.
Before buying, ask every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Savings might not be available to policyholders in every state.
One last note
Cheaper Jeep Liberty insurance in Lubbock is available online in addition to many Lubbock insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some car insurance companies may not provide rates over the internet and these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agents.
In this article, we presented many tips how you can get a better price on Jeep Liberty insurance in Lubbock. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better chance you'll have of finding low cost Lubbock auto insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest auto insurance rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
Additional car insurance information is available below: