Want to learn the secrets to finding low-cost Hyundai Veloster insurance in Lubbock? Are you burned out from scraping nickels together to pay your insurance bill each month? Your situation is no different than millions of other drivers.
Regrettably, the majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and nearly half have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Many consumers in America can save about $850 each year by just comparing quotes, but most undervalue the rate savings if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Because there are so many insurance providers from which to choose, it can be hard to choose the cheapest insurance provider.
Our objective is to tell you the most effective ways to compare rates and some money-saving tips. If you have a current insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to shop for the lowest rates using these tips. Although Texas vehicle owners need to learn how the larger insurance companies price insurance differently because it can help you find the best coverage.
When comparing insurance rates, know that obtaining a wide range of quotes increases your odds of finding the best offered rates. Not every company provides online price quotes, so it's necessary to compare price estimates from the smaller companies as well.
The following companies offer comparison quotes in Texas. If you want the cheapest car insurance in Lubbock, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get the most affordable price.
Here's why auto insurance is not optional
Even though Lubbock Veloster insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Veloster, more than likely the lender will require that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Hyundai at a much higher rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays more than $850 per year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Get cheaper Hyundai Veloster insurance in Lubbock with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not know about. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied before being credited.
- ABS Brakes - Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Active Military Service - Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Employee of Federal Government - Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% with a few car insurance companies.
- Resident Student - Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and don't have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Multiple Cars - Purchasing coverage when you have all your vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Drivers Ed for Students - It's a good idea to have your young drivers take driver's ed class as it can save substantially.
- Early Signing - Select car insurance companies give a discount for buying a policy prior to your current Veloster insurance policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not a discount per se, but some companies like State Farm and Progressive will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don't have any claims prior to the accident.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
As is typical with insurance, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, car insurance companies aren't that generous.
A partial list of companies that may offer most of these discounts include:
If you need affordable Lubbock auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Some credits may not apply to policies in Lubbock. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Lubbock, click here to view.
Neighborhood Lubbock auto insurance agents
Some people would prefer to have an agent's advice and we recommend doing that An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find cheap auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local agencies is important particularly in Lubbock.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your information is instantly submitted to companies in Lubbock that can give you free Lubbock auto insurance quotes to get your business. You never need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to quote rates from one company in particular, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from local Lubbock agents, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance agents can either be exclusive or independent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type do not write with just one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rate quotes, you need to get rate quotes from multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Featured below are independent agencies in Lubbock who may provide free rate quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company like Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Lubbock willing to provide price quote information.
Choosing a insurance agency should depend on more than just the quoted price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Texas?
Insurance agents can help
When buying a policy for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Texas?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
If you're not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form.
Car insurance coverage basics
Knowing the specifics of car insurance helps when choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Liability car insurance - This protects you from damage or injury you incur to other's property or people that is your fault. It protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn't cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 30/60/25 that translate to $30,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $60,000, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against things like repair bills for other people's vehicles, medical services and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Texas requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The chart below shows why the minimum limit may not provide adequate coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage - Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when the "other guys" are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants as well as your vehicle's damage.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 30/60/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive auto coverage - Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as rock chips in glass, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and falling objects. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision - This will pay to fix damage to your Veloster resulting from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like colliding with a tree, driving through your garage door and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your Veloster to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage - Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses for rehabilitation expenses, prosthetic devices, doctor visits, surgery and funeral costs. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
What is YOUR best insurance company?
More affordable insurance in Lubbock can be bought on the web and with local Lubbock insurance agents, so you need to quote Lubbock auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies don't offer rate quotes online and many times these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can lower your Hyundai Veloster insurance car insurance rates in Lubbock. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest car insurance rates are with a small mutual company.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like policy non-renewal, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, unfair underwriting practices and poor customer service. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding a great new company is easier than you think.
How to find low-cost rates for Hyundai Veloster insurance in Lubbock
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to quote cheaper Hyundai Veloster insurance is to compare prices regularly from different companies who provide car insurance in Lubbock.
- Try to comprehend how your policy works and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as accidents, careless driving, and a poor credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from many different companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Lubbock. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit a completed application and payment to the new insurer. As soon as you receive it, keep your new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One piece of advice is to make sure you're comparing similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to look at as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lubbock Auto Insurance for State Employees? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Immigrants in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Low Income Drivers in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)