The easiest way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Lubbock is to annually compare prices from insurers who provide auto insurance in Texas. This can be done by following these steps.
- First, get an understanding of how car insurance works and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like distracted driving and a not-so-good credit history can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from many different companies. View a list of agents
- Third, compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper Five Hundred coverage is available in Lubbock. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The most important part of shopping around is to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get price estimates from every company you can. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. People who do rate comparisons are likely to switch insurance companies because there is a significant possibility of finding a policy with better rates. A recent insurance study discovered that consumers who make a habit of shopping around saved as much as $3,400 over four years compared to people who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Ford Five Hundred insurance in Lubbock is the reason for your visit, then having a grasp of the best way to shop and compare coverages can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
Affordable Lubbock insurance rates with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but companies offer discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain credits will be shown when you quote, but some need to be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Professional Organizations – Joining a qualifying organization could earn you a nice discount on insurance.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Mature Driver Discount – Older drivers can get a slight reduction on a Lubbock auto insurance quote.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars with the same insurance company qualifies for this discount.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can save substantially compared to bad drivers.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit could trigger a small discount.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully take a driver’s education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give lower premium rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
To find insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Lubbock, follow this link.
Lowering your Ford Five Hundred insurance rates is actually easier than you may think. Drivers just need to take the time to compare rate quotes online from several insurance companies.
It’s so fast and easy to compare quotes online that it makes it a waste of time to spend your day driving to local Lubbock insurance agencies. Comparing online rate quotes eliminates the middleman unless you want the trained guidance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. Some companies do allow you to get the lowest quotes online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
The companies shown below offer quotes in Texas. If you wish to find the cheapest car insurance in Lubbock, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
How to know if you need help
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if you could use an agent’s help.
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Should I buy only the required Texas minimum liability coverage?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- What if I total my Ford Five Hundred and owe more than it’s worth?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Ford Five Hundred to commute?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- What policy terms are available?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- What is the minimum liability in Texas?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Do I need an insurance agent?
Some people still prefer to have an agent’s advice and that can be a great decision Professional agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Lubbock that can give you free Lubbock auto insurance quotes for your business. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you directly. If for some reason you want to compare rates for a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an company should depend on more than just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
After talking to the agent and getting positive feedback and a good coverage price, you have narrowed it down to an insurance company that can be relied on to properly service your car insurance policy.
Protect your Five Hundred and other assets
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in Lubbock, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Ford Five Hundred, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Ford at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. An average driver in America is overpaying over $869 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
The coverage is in the details
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for short-term medical expenses for X-ray expenses, hospital visits, rehabilitation expenses and pain medications. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 30/60/25 which stand for a limit of $30,000 per injured person, a total of $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against things like emergency aid, medical expenses, pain and suffering, court costs and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Texas requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
The chart below shows why buying minimum limits may not be enough coverage.
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things like crashing into a ditch, hitting a parking meter, colliding with another moving vehicle and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Five Hundred to bring the cost down.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (Texas limits are 30/60/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like fire damage, hail damage, rock chips in glass, hitting a deer and vandalism. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Do the work, save more money
A few companies don’t offer internet price quotes and usually these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agencies. Lower-priced car insurance in Lubbock can be sourced on the web and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to reduce Ford Five Hundred insurance premium rates online in Lubbock. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the most savings is with the least-expected company.
When you buy Lubbock auto insurance online, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Business Use in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Electric Cars in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a GMC Acadia in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)