Anyone knows that insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Consumers who shop for lower rates are inclined to buy a new policy because there is a great chance of finding lower prices. A recent survey discovered that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved on average $3,400 over four years compared to those who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the cheapest price for insurance in Lubbock is why you’re reading this, then having a grasp of the best way to shop and compare insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
Truthfully, the best way to get discount car insurance rates in Lubbock is to compare quotes annually from insurers in Texas.
- Take a few minutes and learn about what is in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as accidents, traffic tickets, and poor credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Keep reading for instructions to help reduce premium rates and find hidden discounts.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of companies. Find a Lubbock insurance agent
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a better price, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important part of this process is to make sure you enter similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to analyze as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
Cheap auto insurance in Lubbock, TX
The companies in the list below provide free rate quotes in Texas. To locate the best cheap auto insurance in Lubbock, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Auto insurance data for a Ford F-150
The rate table displayed next showcases different coverage prices for Ford F-150 models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance quotes are established can benefit drivers when making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$200||$272||$366||$22||$110||$970||$81|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$200||$346||$366||$22||$110||$1,044||$87|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$200||$346||$366||$22||$110||$1,044||$87|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$200||$346||$366||$22||$110||$1,044||$87|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$200||$346||$366||$22||$110||$1,044||$87|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$230||$346||$366||$22||$110||$1,074||$90|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$230||$346||$366||$22||$110||$1,074||$90|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$230||$346||$366||$22||$110||$1,074||$90|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$230||$346||$366||$22||$110||$1,074||$90|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$230||$346||$366||$22||$110||$1,074||$90|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$230||$346||$366||$22||$110||$1,074||$90|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$230||$346||$366||$22||$110||$1,074||$90|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$230||$346||$366||$22||$110||$1,074||$90|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$260||$346||$366||$22||$110||$1,104||$92|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$260||$346||$366||$22||$110||$1,104||$92|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$260||$346||$366||$22||$110||$1,104||$92|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$260||$422||$366||$22||$110||$1,180||$98|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$260||$422||$366||$22||$110||$1,180||$98|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$260||$422||$366||$22||$110||$1,180||$98|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$260||$422||$366||$22||$110||$1,180||$98|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$260||$422||$366||$22||$110||$1,180||$98|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$260||$422||$366||$22||$110||$1,180||$98|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$260||$422||$366||$22||$110||$1,180||$98|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$260||$422||$366||$22||$110||$1,180||$98|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$260||$422||$366||$22||$110||$1,180||$98|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$260||$496||$366||$22||$110||$1,254||$105|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$260||$496||$366||$22||$110||$1,254||$105|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$260||$496||$366||$22||$110||$1,254||$105|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$288||$496||$366||$22||$110||$1,282||$107|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$288||$496||$366||$22||$110||$1,282||$107|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$288||$496||$366||$22||$110||$1,282||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in specific zip code location which can alter insurance rates greatly.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper Lubbock auto insurance rates
The information below illustrates how speeding tickets and accidents influence Ford F-150 insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The information is based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The chart below illustrates the difference between Ford F-150 insurance prices with and without physical damage coverage. Data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to eliminate full coverage
There isn’t a written rule to stop buying full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Ford F-150 claim settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $3,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying in excess of $300 annually to have full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Get Lower-cost Insurance Premiums by Understanding These Factors
Many different elements are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but others are more obscure such as whether you are married or your commute time. It’s important that you understand some of the things that go into determining your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with better car insurance rates.
Do thieves like your car? – Purchasing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Theft deterrent systems such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
Eliminate incidental coverages – There are a lot of extra coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t careful. Insurance for things like roadside assistance, towing, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but if they’re wasting money remove them from your policy.
Allowing your car insurance to lapse raises rates – Not maintaining insurance is against the law and companies may charge more for letting your insurance expire. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage may result in a steep fine or even jail time. You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Texas department of motor vehicles.
Insure car and home with the same company – Some companies afford discounts to policyholders that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount consumers should still shop around to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Younger driver insurance costs – Older, more experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, cost insurance companies less in claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Young drivers are statistically proven to be inattentive when driving and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
The chart below uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Ford F-150 claim statistics – Auto insurance companies analyze the history of losses to help determine the rate you pay. Vehicles that are shown to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for specific coverages. The next table illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Ford F-150 vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, equals 100. Percentages below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more losses or tendency to have higher losses.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford F-150 SuperCab 4WD||67||110||39|
|Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2WD||42||93||72|
|Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4WD||75||76||101||56||57||76|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheap rates on Ford F-150 insurance in Lubbock with these discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may find discounts to help offset the cost. A few discounts will be applied when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- Multiple Cars – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Ford F-150 auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The costs are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Larger car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- GEICO may have discounts that include military active duty, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, good student, membership and employees, and defensive driver.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including teen safe driver, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, anti-theft, and multi-car.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for student away at school, driver’s education, good student, good driver, multiple autos, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- MetLife includes discounts for multi-policy, good student, claim-free, defensive driver, accident-free, and good driver.
- 21st Century may include discounts for automatic seat belts, 55 and older, theft prevention, homeowners, driver training, good student, and air bags.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, online signing, and homeowner.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies everywhere. If you would like to view providers who offer free Ford F-150 insurance quotes in Texas, click here to view.
Car insurance is available from local insurance agents
Many drivers would prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for local agencies is important particularly in Lubbock.
Upon completion of this quick form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You never need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. Get lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to get a price quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Lubbock auto insurance agents come in two flavors
When researching a local Lubbock insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agents from which to choose. Car insurance policy providers can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you need lower rates, it’s a good idea to include price quotes from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Lubbock who may be able to give you comparison quotes.
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. These agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price.
The following are Lubbock exclusive agents who can help you get price quotes.
Deciding on an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Lubbock?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Which family members are covered?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- How are claims handled?
Best auto insurance company in Lubbock
Finding a good quality car insurance company is difficult considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Texas. The ranking data in the lists below can help you decide which auto insurers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Insurance can be complex
When choosing a policy, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Ford F-150?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Lubbock?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Get the best coverage at the most affordable price
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
More affordable insurance in Lubbock can be sourced from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
We just presented many ideas to save on Ford F-150 insurance in Lubbock. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates are with the least-expected company. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
Additional information is available below:
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Lubbock Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lubbock Auto Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Lubbock, TX? (FAQ)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)