The recommended way to get affordable auto insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from companies who provide auto insurance in Lubbock. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a bad credit score can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover instructions to help reduce premium rates and earn larger discounts.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from many different companies. View a list of agents
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on Magnum insurance in Lubbock. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new carrier. Be sure to keep your new proof of insurance paperwork in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One bit of advice is to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that a large majority of insurance policyholders have remained with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never compared quotes from other companies. Lubbock drivers could save almost 70% every year, but most just don't grasp how much savings they would realize if they switched.
Compare quotes for Lubbock Dodge Magnum insurance
The following companies are ready to provide free rate quotes in Lubbock, TX. In order to find cheap car insurance in Lubbock, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Why you need quality insurance for your Dodge vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Dodge Magnum in Lubbock, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Dodge, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your Dodge and your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. An average driver in America is wasting up to $830 a year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Insurance Cost Influencing Factors
Many different elements are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but other criteria are less apparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is. An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that are used to determine your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you better auto insurance rates.
Safer vehicles save money - Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Dodge is rated at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may pay a lower rate.
Marriage discount - Getting married helps lower the price on your auto insurance bill. Having a significant other means you're more stable financially and insurance companies like that married couples file fewer claims.
Drive a fast car and pay more - The performance of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. The lowest performance passenger vehicles receive the most favorable rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Drive less and save - The more you drive annually the more it will cost to insure it. Most insurance companies price each vehicle's coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos that sit idle most of the time receive better premium rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It's a good idea to make sure your declarations sheet shows annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Improper usage on your Magnum can result in significantly higher rates.
Why do you need liability coverage? - The liability section of your policy kicks in when a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
Big cities have higher rates - Being located in a small town has it's advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. Lower population means less chance of accidents in addition to lower liability claims. People in densely populated areas have more traffic problems and longer commute times. More time on the road means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
Younger vs. experienced drivers - Beginning drivers in Texas have been known to be careless and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher. Older drivers are shown to be more cautious, tend to file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.
Cheaper to insure women? - Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. That doesn't necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Both genders cause fender benders in similar percentages, but men have costlier accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get ticketed for serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Youthful male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and therefore pay the highest rates.
What is the best car insurance company in Texas?
Buying coverage from a high-quality insurance company is difficult considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Lubbock. The company ratings listed below may help you decide which car insurance companies to look at when shopping around.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Smart shoppers get results
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, high rates after DUI convictions, policy cancellation and lack of trust in their agent. It doesn't matter what your reason, switching auto insurance companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
We just covered some good ideas how you can shop for Dodge Magnum insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
When buying insurance coverage, it's very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where an insured cut liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lubbock Car Insurance Quotes for Veterans? (FAQ)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Warning systems don't curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)