There isn’t anyone who fancies paying their premiums for insurance, particularly when they are paying too much.
Amazingly, over 70% of consumers have bought insurance from the same company for over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Many consumers in the U.S. could save roughly $859 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue the rate savings if they bought a different policy.
How to find affordable Lincoln MKC insurance in Lubbock
The preferred way to find cheaper Lincoln MKC insurance in Lubbock is to compare quotes annually from providers in Texas. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- Read and learn about how auto insurance works and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many risk factors that increase rates such as inattentive driving and a poor credit rating can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper MKC coverage is available in Lubbock. If you find a better price, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new insurance company. Once the application is submitted, place the new proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
A good tip to remember is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to look at as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
People have many car insurance companies to pick from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, more options can take longer to find the lowest cost provider for Lincoln MKC insurance in Lubbock.
Quoting and comparing rates for the most affordable insurance in Lubbock is not as hard as you may think. Practically anyone who is looking for cheaper insurance will most likely buy a cheaper policy. But Texas car owners must understand the way companies sell online because it can help you find the best coverage.
Companies offering Lincoln MKC insurance in Lubbock
The following companies provide free rate quotes in Lubbock, TX. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Texas, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get cheap Lincoln MKC insurance in Lubbock with discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there may be some discounts to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the personal injury premium cost.
- Homeowners Savings – Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Good Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a lower premium rate if you buy some life insurance too.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- Good Grades Discount – Performing well in school may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not really a discount, but some insurance companies allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find low cost Lincoln MKC insurance.
One last thing about discounts, most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride. But all discounts will cut the amount you pay for coverage.
A list of auto insurance companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for anti-theft, multiple autos, student away at school, good driver, multiple policy, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for multi-policy, new vehicle discount, preferred payment discount, newly retired, and safety features.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including mySafetyValet, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, early bird, and air bags.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for teen driver, bundle discounts, switch companies, early shopping, homeowner, pay in full, and electronic funds transfer.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for multiple vehicles, good student, paid in full, student away at school, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO offers discounts for homeowner, teen safe driver, anti-theft, safe driver, and accident prevention training.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts may not be offered in your area. For a list of providers who offer discounts in Texas, click here to view.
Save Money with These Tips
Lots of things are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, although some other factors are less obvious such as your credit history or how safe your car is. It’s important that you understand the different types of things that are used to determine car insurance rates. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find better car insurance rates.
The following are some of the major factors that factor into your rates.
Are men or women drivers cheaper? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. This data doesn’t prove that females are better at driving than males. Women and men cause fender benders at about the same rate, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also get higher numbers of serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
Big city or small town – Choosing to live in areas with lower population is a positive aspect when buying car insurance. People in densely populated areas have more road rage incidents and more time behind the wheel. Less people means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Certain employers raise premiums – Careers like military personnel, police officers, and miners generally pay higher average rates because of high stress and long work hours. On the other hand, occupations like actors, engineers and retirees pay lower than average rates.
Insurance is expensive for younger drivers – More mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are generally more financially stable. Inexperience drivers have been known to be careless and easily distracted when driving with friends therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
Lincoln MKC insurance loss probability – Car insurance companies use historical loss data to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that tend to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more to insure. The information below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Lincoln MKC vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is represented as 100. Numbers under 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lincoln MKC 4dr 2WD||97||76||69|
|Lincoln MKC 4dr 4WD||99||68||72||82|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When it comes to adequate coverage, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that
For example, these questions may help highlight if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
Insurance agent or online?
Many drivers just prefer to buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Lubbock.
By using this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Lubbock that can provide free Lubbock auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to compare rates for a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
The difference between Lubbock car insurance agents
If you are wanting to find a local Lubbock insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not required to write business for one company so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, it’s recommended you get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Lubbock who may provide rate quotes.
David Tate Insurance Agency LLP
5233 79th St – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 794-1177 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Lubbock that are able to give price quote information.
Finding the right car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
Texas auto insurance companies
Ending up with the best auto insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies there are in Lubbock. The information shown next can help you choose which auto insurers to look at when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Do the work, save more money
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
You just learned many tips how you can find cheap Lincoln MKC insurance in Lubbock. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with the smaller companies. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
How to find low-cost rates for Lincoln MKC insurance in Lubbock
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get discount auto insurance rates in Lubbock is to compare prices regularly from different companies who provide car insurance in Texas. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and an imperfect credit score can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An essential thing to point out is to try to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get price estimates from all possible companies. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Lubbock Auto Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)