If you want to save money, the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Lubbock is to do an annual price comparison from companies in Texas.
- First, learn about car insurance and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that increase rates like accidents, traffic violations, and a negative credit history can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article gives ideas to find cheap prices and find additional discounts.
- Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for the new policy. Don’t forget to put the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you enter identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Sad but true, a large majority of car insurance policyholders in Texas kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. Many consumers in the United States could save themselves about $860 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue the rate savings if they switch to a new company.
The best way to compare insurance rates in your area is to take advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies pay for the opportunity to provide you with a free rate quote. To get started, all you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information such as if a SR-22 is needed, whether you drive to work or school, your general credit rating, and if you’re married. Your information gets transmitted to insurance carriers in your area and they return rate quotes quickly.
To compare rates for your Lincoln Mark LT now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Lubbock, TX. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Texas, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may be missing some discounts that can help lower your rates. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but a few must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Waiver for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will let one accident slide before raising your premiums if you have no claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking time to complete a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Memberships – Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount on your bill.
- Renewal Discounts – Some companies give discounts for switching companies before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who live away from home at college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Federal Government Employee – Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Lubbock auto insurance with select insurance companies.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
A quick disclaimer, some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for daytime running lights, driver training, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, and seat belt use.
- MetLife offers discounts including good student, defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, and claim-free.
- State Farm includes discounts for driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, good student, passive restraint, and multiple autos.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for multi-policy, type of vehicle, anti-theft, accident-free, annual mileage, location of vehicle, and professional/association.
- 21st Century offers discounts for student driver, theft prevention, automatic seat belts, 55 and older, and homeowners.
- Allstate has discounts for anti-lock brakes, senior citizen, anti-theft, good student, and FullPay discount.
Double check with each company what discounts are available to you. Some credits may not be offered in your state.
Car insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
A small number of people just want to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that you can find lower auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the quote information is submitted to insurance agents in Lubbock that can provide free Lubbock auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. In the event you want to compare prices for a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right provider requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Lubbock should be forthright in answering these questions:
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Texas?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
Below is a list of insurers in Lubbock that may be able to provide price quote information for Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Lubbock.
How Insurance Companies Determine Lincoln Mark LT Insurance Costs
Many different elements are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, although others are not quite as obvious like where you live or your commute time.
Occupation and insurance premiums – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs like fire fighters, executives, and stock brokers generally have higher rates than average in part from intense work-related stress and extremely grueling work hours. Other occupations like scientists, historians and performers get better rates.
Do you really need to file those policy claims? – Auto insurance companies in Texas provide the lowest premiums to people who file claims infrequently. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
Safeguard your assets with liability protection – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage provides coverage if you are responsible for an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense to defend your case. Liability insurance is pretty cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
Premiums increase with policy add-ons – There are a ton of add-on coverages that can add up on your Mark LT policy. Things like personal injury protection, high-cost glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage are probably not needed. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but if you don’t need them remove them and pocket the money.
Better prices on vehicles with better crash test results – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce the chance of injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you. If your Lincoln earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may cost less to insure.
Youthful drivers are expensive to insure – Young drivers in Texas are statistically shown to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Older insureds are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high cost, buying auto insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Lincoln Mark LT, almost every bank will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Lincoln at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves your car and your assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in Texas is wasting up to $750 every year so compare rate quotes every year to save money.
One last thing to lower rates
When shopping online for insurance, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, an insured cut physical damage coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just covered a lot of techniques to find affordable Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Lubbock. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best premium rates are with a small local company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Even more information can be found by following these links:
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)