Amazingly, about 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Drivers in Texas could cut their rates by as much as $1,800 a year, but most tend to underestimate the large savings they would see if they moved their coverage to a different company.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get discount Lincoln Continental insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Lubbock. You can shop around by following these steps.
- First, try to comprehend how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic citations and an imperfect credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Keep reading for information to prevent rate hikes and earn a bigger discount.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the application along with any required down payment for the new policy. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle.
One bit of advice is that you'll want to compare similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price estimates from every insurance company. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
Just remember that making a lot of price comparisons helps you find the best price.
The following companies can provide comparison quotes in Lubbock, TX. If you want the best auto insurance in Lubbock, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get the lowest price.
Discount Lubbock auto insurance quotes
Car insurance companies don't necessarily list the entire discount list very well, so the following is a list of some of the more common as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates.
- College Student - Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Lubbock and don't have a car could get you a discount.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Claim-Free Discount - Lubbock drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on Lubbock auto insurance quote as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- Discount for Swiching Early - A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching companies before your current Continental insurance policy expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Drivers who insure more than one vehicle with the same auto insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Taking a safe driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Smart Student Discounts - Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Lubbock auto insurance quote. The discount lasts up to age 25.
One last thing about discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it's just not the way it works.
Some of the larger companies that may offer quotes with some of the above discounts possibly include:
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Savings may not be offered in your state. To see companies that offer multiple discounts in Texas, click this link.
Why You Might Pay Inflated Rates in Lubbock
Many things are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but some are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
Gender and insurance premiums - Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. This data doesn't prove that men are worse drivers. Men and women are in accidents in similar numbers, but guys tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to receive more costly citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
High performance equals high costs - The performance of the car or truck you need insurance for makes a significant difference in determining your rates. Economy passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but your final cost has many other factors.
Marriage can lower premiums - Having a spouse may cut your premiums when buying auto insurance. It means you're more mature and responsible and it's proven that married couples file fewer claims.
Avoid traffic tickets - A bad driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Having a single moving violation may increase your cost by as much as twenty percent. Good drivers get better prices than bad drivers. Drivers who get flagrant tickets like reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to file a SR-22 with their state's licensing department in order to continue driving.
What are good liability protection limits? - The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you if you are responsible for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. It is affordable coverage when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
Premiums can be impacted by your employer - Do you have a high-stress occupation? Jobs like military personnel, airline pilots, and medical professionals tend to have higher premium rates in part from stressful work requirements and lengthy work days. On the other hand, jobs like scientists, students and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
Some people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision An additional benefit of comparing insurance online is you may find cheaper rates and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Lubbock who will return price quotes for your business. It's much easier because you don't need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to your email. You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you just need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best company requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Before buying a policy in Lubbock, get answers to these questions.
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you need to find a local agent, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they function. Agencies in Lubbock can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the brand and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Lubbock willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Dick Phillips - State Farm® Insurance Agent
5740 82nd St - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 799-4651 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Patrick Bailey
6701 Aberdeen Ave Ste 2 - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 798-1340 - View Map
- Lisa Caldwell - State Farm Insurance Agent
2418 19th St - Lubbock, TX 79401 - (806) 799-1628 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are not employed by one company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you should always get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options. A lot of them also have access to smaller companies that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Lubbock who can help you get price quotes.
- Budget Insurance Agency
2508 Auburn St - Lubbock, TX 79415 - (806) 749-8600 - View Map
- Butler Carson Tate Insurance
4505 82nd St # 10 - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 798-7979 - View Map
- Alan Henry Insurance Agency
3405 19th St - Lubbock, TX 79410 - (806) 792-3771 - View Map
Car insurance companies ranked
Finding the top insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies are available to choose from in Lubbock. The ranking data shown next could help you analyze which car insurance companies you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA - 91%
- AAA Insurance - 90%
- Esurance - 90%
- Mercury Insurance - 89%
- Nationwide - 89%
- Travelers - 88%
- Progressive - 88%
- Safeco Insurance - 88%
- State Farm - 88%
- Allstate - 88%
You can lower your auto insurance rates
Low-cost Lincoln Continental insurance in Lubbock is available from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Lubbock, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
We just covered some good ideas how to reduce Lincoln Continental insurance car insurance rates online in Lubbock. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, extreme rates for teen drivers, being labeled a high risk driver and even not issuing a premium refund. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
More detailed auto insurance information is located in these articles:
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Hybrid Vehicles in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Teachers in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lubbock Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lubbock Car Insurance for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Lubbock, TX? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lubbock Auto Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)