It’s an obvious statement that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Insureds who shop around annually will most likely switch to a new company because of the high probability of finding good coverage at a lower price. A study discovered that consumers who compared prices once a year saved $3,500 over four years compared to people who never compared other company’s rates.
If saving the most money on Lexus GS 200t insurance is why you’re here, then having some insight into how to shop and compare insurance rates can help make the process easier.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get budget auto insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from insurers who provide auto insurance in Lubbock.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as speeding tickets, accidents and a not-so-good credit history can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article provides the details to prevent expensive rate increases and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies. Compare rates
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Notify your company or agent to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application for the new policy. As soon as you have the new policy, store the proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One thing to remember is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get rates from all possible companies. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more quotes helps increase your odds of locating a better price.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price quotes in Lubbock, TX. If you want to find the best auto insurance in Texas, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Do you qualify for discounts on Lexus GS 200t insurance in Lubbock?
Auto insurance can be pricey, but there may be some discounts to help bring down the price. Many discounts should be triggered when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about before you get the savings.
- E-sign Discounts – Some larger companies give back up to $50 get Lubbock auto insurance on the web.
- College Student – Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings up to 30%.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Purchasing coverage when you have all your vehicles with the same auto insurance company qualifies for this discount.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
- Good Students Pay Less – Being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic.
To locate insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Texas, click this link.
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Lexus, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Lexus at a much higher rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves both your assets and your Lexus. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $810 a year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to save money.
Different people need different insurance coverages
When it comes to buying coverage online or from an agent, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Compare rate quotes but work with a local Lubbock insurance agency
Certain consumers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance data gets sent to agents in your area who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. It’s the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best provider should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Texas?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- When do they do policy reviews?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you need to find a reliable insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of agencies to choose from. Insurance agencies can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents write business for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. They are well trained on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. A lot of people purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
Listed below are Lubbock exclusive agents that can give you comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Jim White
4518 50th St – Lubbock, TX 79414 – (806) 792-4416 – View Map
- Ana Borrego – State Farm Insurance Agent
8001 Quaker Ave STE G – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 745-2555 – View Map
- Keith Potts – State Farm Insurance Agent
6110 Frankford Ave A – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 794-5084 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are not employed by one company so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you definitely need to contact several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates. A lot of them also have access to companies you’ve never heard of which may provide better rates.
The following are independent agencies in Lubbock who can help you get price quotes.
- Sims-Perrin Insurance
3302 34th St – Lubbock, TX 79410 – (806) 795-4301 – View Map
- Willcoxon Insurance
4601 S Loop 289 # 7 – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 763-4005 – View Map
- Lubbock AllState Agent
2312 19th St – Lubbock, TX 79401 – (806) 412-1471 – View Map