If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get discount auto insurance rates in Lubbock is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers in Texas. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Take a few minutes and learn about policy coverages and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many things that increase rates like getting speeding tickets and an imperfect credit rating can be rectified by paying attention to minor details. This article gives information to help find cheaper rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple sources. View a list of agents
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new insurer. Don’t forget to keep your new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle.
The most important part of this process is to try to compare the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as you can. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Consumers who shop around will, in all likelihood, buy a different policy because there is a good chance of finding a cheaper policy. A recent study showed that drivers who compared prices regularly saved over $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on insurance in Lubbock is the reason you’re here, then having some knowledge of the best way to quote and compare insurance coverage can make shopping around easier.
If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, use these money-saving tips to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage. Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Lubbock can initially seem challenging. Comparison shoppers only need an understanding of the most efficient way to get comparison quotes on the web.
Auto insurance rates and discounts
Some companies don’t necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so here is a list both the well known as well as the least known ways to save on auto insurance.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Sign Early and Save – A few auto insurance companies give discounts for switching companies before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Lubbock car insurance quote.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some insurance carriers give a discounted auto insurance rate on car insurance if you buy a life policy as well.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Lubbock without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% with a few auto insurance companies.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
If you would like to view companies offering auto insurance discounts in Lubbock, follow this link.
The quickest method to compare rate quotes for Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Lubbock utilizes the fact auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to provide you with free rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide details including level of coverage desired, driver details, how much you drive, and whether you have decent credit. The data is instantly submitted to many different companies and you get price estimates instantly.
To compare multiple company affordable Kia Optima Hybrid insurance rates now, click here then complete the form.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Lubbock, TX. If your goal is to find the best car insurance in Lubbock, we recommend you click on several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
When to contact an insurance agent
Some people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Licensed agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find lower premium rates and also buy local. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is especially important in Lubbock.
After completing this simple form, your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered directly to your email. In the event you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, feel free to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Two different types of car insurance agents
When looking for an insurance agent, there are two types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Agents in Lubbock can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types of agents can write car insurance policies, but it’s good to learn why they differ since it can impact which agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent do not write with just one company so they can write business through many companies and get you the best rates possible. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing car insurance prices, it’s recommended you compare quotes from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Shown below are independent agencies in Lubbock that may be able to give you free rate quotes.
Maria Valeriano Insurance Agency
4210 50th St – Lubbock, TX 79413 – (806) 780-6622 – View Map
Agents of this type are contracted to one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are well trained in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Lubbock that can give you price quote information.
Deciding on a insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Lubbock?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
If you feel you receive reasonable responses to any questions you have and an affordable coverage quote, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that will insure your vehicles. Just understand that you have the power to cancel your coverage whenever you want so don’t think that you’re stuck with any particular company for a certain time period.
You can find affordable coverage
Affordable Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Lubbock is definitely available online and also from your neighborhood Lubbock agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not have internet price quotes and many times these regional carriers only sell through independent agencies.
While you’re price shopping online, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed collision coverage only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
To learn more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Lubbock Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Seniors in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda CR-V in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Active Military in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)