It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find affordable auto insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from providers in Lubbock.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of what is in your policy and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as multiple speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit history can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article gives instructions to get better rates and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple sources. Get quotes now
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper K900 coverage is available. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new carrier. As soon as you have the new policy, put the new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One bit of advice is to try to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to compare as many companies as possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
A study showed that most consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average auto insurance premium being $2,700, Lubbock drivers can save nearly $1,770 each year, but they underestimate the benefits if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Reduce Insurance Rates with These Tips
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but some are less apparent such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
- Less chance of injury means lower rates – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and fewer injuries translates directly to fewer claims and thus lower rates. If your Kia earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may pay a lower rate.
- Eliminate add-on coverages – There are a ton of add-on coverages that can waste your money but may not be useful. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, death and dismemberment, and motor club memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when buying your policy, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Save by staying claim free – If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Companies in Texas award cheaper rates to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Your employer and insurance rates – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Jobs such as judges, social workers, and financial analysts have higher rates than the rest of us due to high stress levels and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, occupations like professors, engineers and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
- No coverage gaps is important – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a sure-fire way to pay more for insurance. In addition to paying higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in a steep fine or even jail time. You may have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Texas motor vehicle department.
- Females tend to be lower risk – Statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Women and men are responsible for auto accidents at a similar rate, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. They also receive more costly citations such as reckless driving.
- Premiums are affected by your credit score – Having a good credit history will be a significant factor in calculating your premium rate. Therefore, if your credit leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Kia K900 by improving your rating. People that have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than those with lower credit scores.
What is the best auto insurance company in Lubbock?
Insuring your vehicle with a good quality car insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies sell insurance in Lubbock. The ranking information displayed below may help you decide which insurers to look at comparing rate quotes with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Cheaper insurance rates are out there
While you’re price shopping online, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, an insured dropped physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Budget-friendly insurance in Lubbock can be purchased on the web and with local Lubbock insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not have online price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers sell through local independent agencies.
Even more information is located by following these links:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)