The preferred way to save on Kia Amanti insurance in Lubbock is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Texas.
Step 1: Take a little time to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as multiple speeding tickets and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A key point to remember is to try to use the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
Remarkably, a study showed that a large majority of auto insurance policyholders have been with the same company for more than four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never shopped around. With the average premium in Texas being $2,680, drivers could pocket up to 70% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they feel it’s too difficult to find cheaper auto insurance rates.
How to get free Kia Amanti insurance quotes online
Finding a better price on insurance is actually quite simple. All that’s required is to invest a few minutes comparing free Lubbock auto insurance quotes from different insurance companies.
It’s so simple to compare insurance price quotes online replaces the need to drive around to and from local Lubbock insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online makes this unnecessary unless you have a need for the guidance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. It is possible with some companies compare online quotes and have a local agent actually service the policy.
The following companies have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Lubbock, TX. In order to find cheap car insurance in TX, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Cheaper Kia Amanti insurance in Lubbock
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so below is a list both the well known and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you’re not getting every credit available, you could be getting lower rates.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates on your bill.
- College Student – Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Federal Employees – Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off with a few car insurance companies.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying car insurance coverage on a new vehicle can get you a discount because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your home and auto policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could save at least 10% off all policies.
- Smart Student Discounts – Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- E-sign – Certain insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on the internet.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Lubbock auto insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
One thing to note about discounts is that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
For a list of insurance companies that offer discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Local Lubbock car insurance agents
Some consumers would rather get advice from a local agent and that is OK! Professional agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Lubbock who will give you quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t even need to leave your computer because prices are sent instantly to you. In the event you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you just need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding a good insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Lubbock?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
If you want a local agent, there are two different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance policy providers may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning the differences since it may influence which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are trained well on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Lubbock who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to get some free quotes from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection.
Below are independent agents in Lubbock that can give you rate quotes.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Your financial needs are unique.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- What happens if I owe more than my Kia Amanti is worth?
- What is the ISO rating for a Kia Amanti?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Best car insurance in Lubbock
Choosing a high-quality auto insurance company is hard considering how many choices drivers have in Texas. The company rank data in the next section may help you select which car insurance companies you want to consider when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Car insurance 101
Learning about specific coverages of car insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive protection – This pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, theft and damage from flooding. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Medical expense coverage – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for expenses like nursing services, hospital visits, rehabilitation expenses, doctor visits and ambulance fees. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Auto liability insurance – Liability insurance protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have values of 30/60/25 that translate to $30,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $60,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability can pay for claims like bail bonds, pain and suffering, legal defense fees and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but buy as much as you can afford. Texas requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/25 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The next chart shows why low liability limits may not be adequate.
Collision coverage – This pays for damage to your Amanti from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims like colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a mailbox and damaging your car on a curb. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also increase the deductible on your Amanti to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – This coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Texas limits are 30/60/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Compare auto insurance rates regularly to save
Cheaper auto insurance in Lubbock is available from both online companies and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not provide rate quotes online and many times these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
We just showed you some good ideas how to get a better price on Kia Amanti insurance in Lubbock. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced full coverage only to discover later that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lubbock Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lubbock Auto Insurance for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Good Students in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lubbock Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Retired Military in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Escape in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)