Truthfully, the best way to find more affordable auto insurance rates in Lubbock is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Texas. You can shop around by following these steps.
First, read about individual coverages and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as at-fault accidents and a negative credit score can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Continue reading for additional ideas to help prevent expensive coverage and find more discounts that you may not know about.
Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for many different companies.
Third, compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, keep your new certificate of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rates from every company you can. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It's easy to assume that insurance companies don't want policyholders to shop around. Drivers who shop around are likely to buy a different policy because they have good chances of finding lower rate quotes. A recent survey found that consumers who compared rates annually saved $850 each year as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding low prices for Jaguar S-Type insurance is the reason you're here, understanding how to find companies and compare coverage rates can make shopping around easier.
Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Lubbock is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. Basically, every vehicle owner who has to buy insurance should be able to find better rates. Although Texas consumers need to have an understanding of how insurance companies calculate your policy premium and use it to find better rates.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways of comparing price quotes from car insurance companies in your area. One of the best ways to do a complete rate comparison is to get quotes online.
Comparing free rates online is easy and it, makes it a waste of time to drive around to insurance agencies in your area. Comparing Jaguar S-Type insurance rate quotes online has made agencies unnecessary unless you want the trained advice that only a licensed agent can provide. Although, it is possible comparison shop online but still have the advice of a local agent. Just remember that comparing a wide range of rates increases your odds of finding a lower rate than you're paying now.
The providers in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Texas. To locate cheap auto insurance in Lubbock, TX, it's a good idea that you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need Jaguar vehicle insurance in Texas
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Lubbock, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Jaguar has a loan, almost every bank will require you to carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Jaguar at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards your Jaguar S-Type and your assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Jaguar as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is wasting up to $700 annually so it's very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Save money by applying discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not list every possible discount very well, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Insuring several vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Requiring all passengers to buckle up can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Good Student Discount - Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Buying car insurance coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Professional Organizations - Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount on your bill.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, that's just not realistic.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- AAA offers premium reductions for multi-car, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, good driver, pay-in-full, and good student.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm has savings for good driver, driver's education, defensive driving training, multiple autos, good student, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- Esurance offers discounts including Switch & Save, Pac-12 alumni, anti-lock brakes, claim free, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- Nationwide offers discounts for anti-theft, family plan, defensive driving, good student, multi-policy, accident-free, and business or organization.
If you need low cost Lubbock car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent the best way to save money. Some credits might not apply in Lubbock. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies who offer free Jaguar S-Type insurance quotes in Lubbock, follow this link.
Buying from auto insurance agents
Some people prefer to talk to a local agent and we recommend doing that One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheaper car insurance rates and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this short form, your information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Lubbock who will give you quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered directly to you. You can find the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you need to compare rates for a specific company, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Selecting a company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
When researching a reputable insurance agent or broker, it's important to understand the different types of agencies and how they operate. Agents in Lubbock are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are well schooled on sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Lubbock that can give you price quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by one company and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing insurance prices, you need to include rate quotes from a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Lubbock willing to provide comparison quotes.
How to find a good Lubbock car insurance company
Insuring your vehicle with the top car insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many choices there are in Texas. The ranking data listed below can help you choose which providers you want to consider comparing prices from.
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers - A++
- USAA - A++
- GEICO - A++
- State Farm - A++
- Titan Insurance - A+
- Esurance - A+
- Progressive - A+
- The Hartford - A+
- Allstate - A+
- Nationwide - A+
You can find cheap coverage
When shopping online for auto insurance, it's very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an insured cut physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
Cost effective Jaguar S-Type insurance is possible from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Lubbock agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- How Much is Lubbock Car Insurance for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Used Cars in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)