We don't have to point out that fact that car insurance companies don't want you quoting rates from other companies. Insureds who shop around at least once a year will probably switch to a new company because of the high probability of finding lower rate quotes. A recent survey revealed that consumers who regularly shopped around saved $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on Honda HR-V insurance is your ultimate goal, then learning about how to find companies and compare insurance can help make the process easier.
It takes a little time, but the best way to find affordable Honda HR-V insurance in Lubbock is to compare prices once a year from different companies in Texas.
Step 1: Get an understanding of policy coverages and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents and a poor credit score can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. Continue reading for ideas to find cheap rates and earn larger discounts.
Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers. View insurance agents
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. When you receive it, put the proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle's registration papers.
A good tip to remember is that you'll want to make sure you compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. This guarantees a level playing field and maximum price selection.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find lower premium levels. Many different elements are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but other criteria are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
- Get hitched and pay less - Getting married can actually save you money compared to being single. Marriage means you're more mature and it's statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Drive less and get lower prices - The higher the mileage driven in a year's time the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies calculate prices determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting cost less to insure than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It's a smart idea to ensure your insurance policy correctly shows annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money. An improperly rated HR-V can cost quite a bit.
- Insurance is expensive for younger drivers - Teen drivers in Texas have a tendency to be less responsible when driving so insurance rates are higher. Having to add a inexperienced driver to your policy can really hurt. Mature drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.
- Better premiums on cars with good safety ratings - Cars with five star safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles reduce injuries and lower injury rates translates directly to fewer claims and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Do you know your physical damage deductibles? - The deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend before your insurance pays a claim. Physical damage insurance, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply would be rear-ending another vehicle, vandalism, or theft of your vehicle. The more of the claim the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Discounts can help to save on Honda HR-V insurance in Lubbock
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there are discounts available that many consumers don't even know exist. Certain reductions will be credited when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Discount for New Cars - Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company they may give you a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Low Miles Discount - Keeping the miles down on your Honda can qualify you for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Senior Citizens - Mature drivers may be able to get lower premium rates.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Larger companies have better auto insurance rates if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, that's just not realistic.
To see insurance companies with the best discounts in Lubbock, follow this link.
Best auto insurance in Lubbock
Insuring your vehicle with the best insurer is hard considering how many choices there are in Texas. The company information in the lists below can help you analyze which car insurance companies you want to consider shopping prices with.
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Cheaper coverage is out there
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to find cheaper Honda HR-V insurance in Lubbock. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from the smaller companies.
Some insurance companies may not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through local independent agencies. Lower-priced car insurance in Lubbock is available on the web and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, extreme rates for teen drivers, unfair underwriting practices and even delays in paying claims. It doesn't matter what your reason, switching car insurance companies is less work than it seems.
Additional car insurance information is located at these links:
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lubbock Car Insurance Quotes for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)