Unbelievable but true, the vast majority of drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. Texas insurance shoppers can save as much as $1,766 each year just by shopping around, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare rate quotes.
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance rates in Lubbock is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers who provide car insurance in Texas. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Read and learn about coverages and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as inattentive driving and a negative credit history can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Read the full article for information to prevent high prices and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to analyze as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
If you have insurance now or need a new policy, follow these tips to reduce the price you pay while maintaining coverages. Locating the best insurance company for you in Lubbock is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. Shoppers just have to understand the best way to compare rate quotes online from multiple companies.
Lower-cost Lubbock car insurance rates with discounts
Some insurance providers do not advertise all available discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous car insurance savings.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Air Bag Discount – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts as much as 30%.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break on car insurance.
- Paperless Signup – A few larger online companies provide a small discount for completing your application on the internet.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- GEICO has discounts for defensive driver, anti-theft, good student, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- USAA offers discounts including good student, safe driver, new vehicle, driver training, and defensive driver.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- American Family has savings for early bird, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, accident-free, good driver, and bundled insurance.
- Esurance discounts include safety device, homeowner, Pac-12 alumni, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, defensive driver, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for mature driver, teen driver, multi-car, pay in full, and early shopping.
- State Farm may have discounts that include Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, safe vehicle, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, and good driver.
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Some credits may not apply everywhere. For a list of providers who offer online Chevy Spark insurance quotes in Lubbock, follow this link.
The best way we recommend to compare rate quotes for Chevy Spark insurance in Lubbock is to understand most larger insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to give rate comparisons. The only thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information like the type of vehicles you drive, your general credit rating, the ages of drivers, and if the vehicle is leased. That rating information gets transmitted to multiple car insurance providers and they return rate quotes instantly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Chevy Spark now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Lubbock.
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in Texas. To buy the best cheap auto insurance in Lubbock, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When quoting and choosing the right insurance coverage, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. You are unique.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Chevy Spark?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Compare prices but buy from a local neighborhood Lubbock car insurance agent
Some people prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. Supporting local agents is especially important in Lubbock.
By using this short form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you can always visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
When narrowing the list to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Car insurance agents may be either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s important to know how they differ since it can affect the type of agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are appointed with more than one company so they can write business with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to include multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following is a partial list of independent agencies in Lubbock that may be able to give price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents have only one company to place business with like State Farm or Allstate. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following are exclusive agents in Lubbock willing to provide price quote information.
Choosing the best insurance agency should depend on more than just the quoted price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- How many companies do they write for?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
Upon receiving good responses to these questions as well as a affordable price, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that will provide car insurance coverage.
When searching for low cost Lubbock auto insurance quotes, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy cancellation, high prices or even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching car insurance companies is actually quite simple.
Budget-friendly car insurance in Lubbock can be sourced on the web and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote Lubbock auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not offer rates over the internet and usually these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for High School Students in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda CR-V in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)