The easiest way to get budget car insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from insurers who sell auto insurance in Lubbock. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and an imperfect credit rating can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new insurer. Immediately place the new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A good piece of advice is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
It's a fact that auto insurance companies don't want you comparing rates. Drivers who shop for lower rates are very likely to move their business because there is a high probability of finding more affordable rates. A survey found that people who compared prices regularly saved over $3,450 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If saving money on auto insurance is your objective, then knowing the best ways to find and compare insurance premiums can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
If you are already insured or just want to reduce your rates, use these money-saving tips to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. Finding cheaper auto insurance in Lubbock is actually quite simple. Smart shoppers just have to learn how to compare rates over the internet.
Take policy discounts and save on Volvo S90 insurance in Lubbock
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there could be available discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at quote time, but a few must be specially asked for before being credited.
- Home Ownership Discount - Owning a house in Lubbock may earn you a small savings because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you have multiple policies with the same company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Accident Free - Drivers who don't have accidents get the best car insurance rates as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Driver Training Discounts - Completing a course in defensive driver could save 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency and earn discounts up to 10% off your Lubbock auto insurance quote.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, companies don't profit that way.
Auto insurance companies that may include these money-saving discounts include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in Lubbock.
How to buy Lubbock Volvo S90 insurance online
Most major insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm make it easy to get price estimates online. Comparing Volvo S90 insurance rates online can be done by anyone because you just enter the coverages you want on the page. Once entered, their rating system collects your credit score and driving record and quotes a price based on these and other factors.
Being able to quote online for Volvo S90 insurance in Lubbock makes comparing rates easy, and it is important to compare as many rates as possible in order to find affordable prices.
If you want to use this form to compare rates, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you type in deductibles and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. This guarantees you're receiving rate comparison quotes for similar coverage.
The following companies are ready to provide price quotes in Lubbock, TX. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Texas, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
Exclusive or independent car insurance agents
Many people prefer to go talk to an agent. Agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheaper premium rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting local agencies is still important in Lubbock.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance data is emailed to participating agents in Lubbock who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you can always visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
Types of auto insurance agents
If you want to use a local agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents that you can select. Car insurance agents in Lubbock can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it's worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for since it may influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents often have affiliation with several companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can be an advantage.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Lubbock that may be able to give rate quotes.
- Budget Insurance Agency
2508 Auburn St - Lubbock, TX 79415 - (806) 749-8600 - View Map
- Hettler Insurance Agency
4432 S Loop 289 - Lubbock, TX 79414 - (806) 798-7800 - View Map
- Zuniga Insurance Agency
1407 19th St - Lubbock, TX 79401 - (806) 702-4918 - View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which can be an advantage. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Lubbock willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Mike Fox - State Farm Insurance Agent
5910 130th St #101 - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 701-5234 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance
3206 34th St - Lubbock, TX 79410 - (806) 791-2892 - View Map
- Lisa Caldwell - State Farm Insurance Agent
2418 19th St - Lubbock, TX 79401 - (806) 799-1628 - View Map
Selecting a car insurance agent shouldn't rely on just the price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- How are claims handled?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Lubbock?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Texas?
Once you have received reasonable responses to all your questions and cheaper S90 insurance quotes, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that is reputable and can adequately provide car insurance. But remember, you are entitled to cancel your policy whenever you choose to so don't assume you are locked into any particular company with no way out.
Compare auto insurance prices regularly to save
When buying insurance coverage, it's a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, lack of trust in their agent, extreme rates for teen drivers and delays in paying claims. It doesn't matter why you want to switch switching companies can be easier than you think.
There are still a few companies who may not have rates over the internet and most of the time these small, regional companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies. Discount Volvo S90 insurance can be bought from both online companies and with local Lubbock insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
More information is located at these links:
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Think You're a Safe Driver? (State Farm)