Do you get exhausted from being strong-armed to insure your Pontiac every month? You are in the same boat as many other Texas drivers.
A recent study showed that the vast majority of consumers have been with the same company for over three years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never compared rates with other companies. Drivers in Lubbock could pocket up to 70% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't want to take the time to find affordable car insurance rates.
Many car insurance companies vie for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a provider and uncover the absolute best rates possible on Pontiac Solstice insurance in Lubbock.
It's a good idea to get comparison quotes on a regular basis because rates are variable and change quite frequently. If you had the lowest rate on Pontiac Solstice insurance in Lubbock a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better prices now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you're going to get a crash course in the tricks you need to know to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
If you are insured now, you will surely be able to shop for the lowest rates using the following tips. Locating the best rates in Lubbock is actually quite easy if you know where to start. But Texas drivers must comprehend the way insurance companies calculate their prices and use it to your advantage.
Verify you're getting every discount
Some insurance providers don't always advertise all discounts very well, so below is a list some of the best known and the harder-to-find credits available to bring down your rates.
- No Charge for an Accident - Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free before the accident.
- Save over 55 - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get lower premium rates.
- Distant Student Discount - Youth drivers who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Buy New and Save - Buying a new car instead of a used Solstice can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
It's important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way.
The best car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including good student, type of vehicle, multi-policy, good driver, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include bundle discounts, good student, alternative fuel, distant student, switch companies, and youthful driver.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for multi-vehicle, youthful driver, 55 and retired, driver training, and renewal discount.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, passive restraint, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, and driver's education.
- Allstate may offer discounts for anti-theft, defensive driver, new car, good student, and passive restraint.
- GEICO offers discounts for good student, federal employee, driver training, seat belt use, daytime running lights, and five-year accident-free.
If you need affordable Pontiac Solstice insurance quotes, ask each company or agent to give you their best rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in Lubbock. If you would like to see a list of providers offering car insurance discounts in Lubbock, click here.
Specifics of your auto insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of your policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Coverage for liability - Liability insurance will cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 30/60/25 that translate to $30,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for claims such as medical services, repair costs for stationary objects, legal defense fees and attorney fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. Texas requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below demonstrates why the minimum limit may not be adequate coverage.
Medical costs insurance - Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for short-term medical expenses like ambulance fees, surgery, rehabilitation expenses, EMT expenses and chiropractic care. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision - Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as a broken windshield, hail damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, falling objects and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum payout your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle's value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision - This covers damage to your Solstice resulting from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims like hitting a parking meter, crashing into a ditch and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your Solstice in order to get cheaper collision rates.
UM/UIM Coverage - Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Pontiac Solstice.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 30/60/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy's liability coverage.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, poor customer service, lack of trust in their agent and even policy cancellation. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding a great new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When getting Lubbock auto insurance quotes online, it's a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, an insured dropped collision coverage only to regret they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
In this article, we presented many ways to save on Pontiac Solstice insurance in Lubbock. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with the least-expected company.
How to save on Pontiac Solstice insurance in Lubbock
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get low-cost Pontiac Solstice insurance is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Lubbock.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many things that result in higher prices such as multiple speeding tickets and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a signed application and payment to the new insurer. Immediately upon receiving it, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle's glove compartment or console.
The key thing to remember is that you use similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price quotes from every insurance company. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
More detailed car insurance information is available in these articles:
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lubbock Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a GMC Acadia in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lubbock Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lubbock Auto Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)