To save the most money, the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates in Lubbock is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers in Texas.
First, spend some time learning about how auto insurance works and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as your driving record and poor credit history can be amended by paying attention to minor details. Keep reading for tips to get cheaper coverage and earn a bigger discount.
Second, get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from many different companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, notify your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a signed application for your new policy. Once coverage is bound, put the certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
An important note is to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this ensures a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
Unbelievable but true according to a study a large majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. Consumers in the United States could save 47% every year just by shopping around, but they just don't understand the big savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Auto insurance providers offering affordable rate quotes in Texas
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Lubbock, TX. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Lubbock, TX, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get the cheapest price.
How Car Insurance Companies Determine Jeep Cherokee Insurance Premiums
Many factors are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, although others are more obscure such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility. A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the rating factors that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find big savings.
- Higher comp and collision deductibles are cheaper - Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Insurance for physical damage, also called 'full coverage', protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, damage from fire, and damage caused by road hazards. The higher the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Teen vs. experienced drivers - Older insureds are shown to be more cautious, cost insurance companies less in claims, and usually have better credit. Young drivers are statistically shown to be easily distracted with other occupants in the car so insurance rates are higher.
- Optional features that lower rates - Selecting a car model with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Anti-theft features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system all help prevent vehicle theft.
- Annual miles is a factor - Driving more miles in a year's time the more you'll pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies charge rates based upon how much you drive. Cars not used for work or commuting receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. An improperly rated Cherokee can result in significantly higher rates. It's always a good idea to double check that your declarations sheet is showing the proper vehicle usage.
- Extra policy coverages can add up - Insurance policies have a lot of additional coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren't careful. Insurance for things like rental car coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. They may seem good when buying your policy, but if you don't need them remove them from your policy.
- More performance means higher premiums - The performance level of the vehicle you own makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. The best insurance prices will generally be found on economy passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Excellent credit means lower premiums - Having a bad credit history is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Drivers who have very high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit. If your credit is lower than you'd like, you could be paying less to insure your Jeep Cherokee by improving your rating.
Jeep Cherokee claim statistics - Companies include the past claim history for a vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that have higher loss trends will have higher rates. The table below shows the historical insurance loss data for Jeep Cherokee vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, equals 100. Values that are under 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Jeep Cherokee Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Cherokee 4dr 2WD 76 105 77 87 90 109 Jeep Cherokee 4dr 4WD 78 115 82 75 79 103BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Companies offer many discounts on Jeep Cherokee insurance in Lubbock
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not even know about. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Lubbock Homeowners Discount - Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks because it requires personal responsibility.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Drivers who insure several vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Drivers Education - Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver's ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Good Students Pay Less - Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Pay Upfront and Save - By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
It's important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that's just not realistic.
Popular auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple autos, accident-free, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, and good student.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, good student, and continuous coverage.
- MetLife offers discounts including defensive driver, good student, good driver, claim-free, accident-free, and multi-policy.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, youthful driver, driver training, multi-policy, and safe driver.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-theft, federal employee, defensive driver, military active duty, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, and daytime running lights.
- SAFECO discounts include accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, safe driver, and anti-theft.
When comparing rates, check with all the companies what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in Lubbock.
When to talk to an insurance agent
Many people would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is OK! One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is you may find cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents in Lubbock who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right company should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- How long have they been in business?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
When searching for a local Lubbock insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agents from which to choose. Agents are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. These agents are well trained on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. Many people choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Lubbock that are able to give rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Russell Donaway
2321 50th St Ste C - Lubbock, TX 79412 - (806) 799-4600 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Jim White
4518 50th St - Lubbock, TX 79414 - (806) 792-4416 - View Map
- Lisa Caldwell - State Farm Insurance Agent
2418 19th St - Lubbock, TX 79401 - (806) 799-1628 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies so they can insure your vehicles through many different car insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent. When shopping rates, we highly recommend that you contact several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison. A lot of them also have access to different regional companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Listed below are independent agencies in Lubbock that are able to give price quote information.
- Holmes/Bednarz Insurance Agency
5717 66th St #110 - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 748-5453 - View Map
- Alliance Insurance Agency
3307 82nd St - Lubbock, TX 79423 - (806) 792-0135 - View Map
- Advanced Insurance
3225 50th St - Lubbock, TX 79413 - (806) 799-0052 - View Map
Do I just need basic coverages?
When choosing your policy for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every insured's situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Texas?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
If you're not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
You can find cheaper coverage
We just covered a lot of techniques to get a better price on Jeep Cherokee insurance in Lubbock. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better chance you'll have of finding cheaper Lubbock auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a small local company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
As you prepare to switch companies, it's very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
Some auto insurance companies may not have rates over the internet and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agents. The cheapest Jeep Cherokee insurance in Lubbock can be sourced online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to compare both to have the best rate selection.
More information can be found at the links below
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Lubbock Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 50 in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)