Car owners new to comparing auto insurance prices on the web will find sourcing cheap Sierra insurance to be a formidable task.
How to save money on GMC Sierra insurance in Lubbock
The best way we recommend to find better pricing on GMC Sierra insurance is to regularly compare prices from different companies in Lubbock. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- First, read and learn about how your policy works and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many factors that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents and a negative credit rating can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article gives more information to lower rates and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. View insurance agents
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, tell your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. Once the application is submitted, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
One bit of advice is that you use the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
It's safe to conclude that car insurance companies don't want you comparing rates. Consumers who do rate comparisons will probably switch car insurance companies because there is a good chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A study showed that people who shopped around saved an average of $865 annually as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest price on auto insurance in Lubbock is your target objective, then having some knowledge of how to shop and compare insurance coverage can save time and make the process easier.
Pricing the lowest-priced auto insurance in Lubbock is simple if you know the tricks. Just about anyone who is required to buy auto insurance most likely will be able to find lower rates. Although Texas drivers benefit from understanding how the larger insurance companies determine how much to charge and take advantage of how the system works.
To find cheaper Lubbock car insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from many different Texas insurance companies. The recommended way to find affordable GMC Sierra insurance rates is to jump online and get quotes.
When comparing car insurance rates, know that making a lot of price comparisons increases your odds of finding a better price.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Lubbock, TX. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Texas, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
GMC Sierra insurance statistics and information
The coverage information displayed below highlights estimates of insurance costs for GMC Sierra models. Having knowledge of how auto insurance prices are established can be of help when making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sierra SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$206||$412||$430||$26||$128||$1,202||$100|
|Sierra SL Extended Cab 2WD||$206||$412||$430||$26||$128||$1,202||$100|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$206||$412||$430||$26||$128||$1,202||$100|
|Sierra SL Crew Cab 2WD||$232||$486||$430||$26||$128||$1,302||$109|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$232||$486||$430||$26||$128||$1,302||$109|
|Sierra SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$232||$486||$430||$26||$128||$1,302||$109|
|Sierra SLE Extended Cab 4WD||$232||$486||$430||$26||$128||$1,302||$109|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$232||$486||$430||$26||$128||$1,302||$109|
|Sierra SLT Extended Cab 2WD||$232||$486||$430||$26||$128||$1,302||$109|
|Sierra SL Crew Cab 4WD||$232||$486||$430||$26||$128||$1,302||$109|
|Sierra SLT Extended Cab 4WD||$232||$486||$430||$26||$128||$1,302||$109|
|Sierra SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$232||$486||$430||$26||$128||$1,302||$109|
|Sierra SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$258||$560||$430||$26||$128||$1,402||$117|
|Sierra Denali Crew Cab 2WD||$258||$560||$430||$26||$128||$1,402||$117|
|Sierra Denali Crew Cab 4WD||$258||$560||$430||$26||$128||$1,402||$117|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in Lubbock location which can impact coverage rates considerably.
The information below demonstrates how deductible levels and can affect GMC Sierra insurance costs for each age group. The data assumes a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
How much more does full coverage cost in Lubbock?
The chart below shows the difference between GMC Sierra premium costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. Data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop full coverage
There is no exact rule of when to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your GMC Sierra replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying over $800 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you haven't paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Lubbock car insurance discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but a few must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Auto/Life Discount - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a lower premium rate if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Paper-free Discount - A few car insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy online.
- Early Switch Discount - Some companies reward drivers for switching policies prior to your current Sierra insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- No Claim Discounts - Good drivers with no accidents pay less in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Fewer annual miles on your GMC may enable drivers to earn lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles with the same car insurance company qualifies for this discount.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Clubs and Organizations - Having an affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount on your next car insurance statement.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren't that lucky.
The information below compares GMC Sierra annual premium costs with and without some available policy discounts. The premiums are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, marriage, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Popular car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, driver's education, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for new vehicle discount, safety features, exclusive group savings, new graduate, good student, new move discount, and newly retired.
- American Family has savings for good driver, bundled insurance, good student, TimeAway discount, air bags, multi-vehicle, and accident-free.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, good student, online signing, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including pay in full, business and professional, youthful driver, good student, multi-car, early shopping, and bundle discounts.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include company car, paperless, safe vehicle, good student, anti-theft, safe driver, and multiple vehicles.
- SAFECO includes discounts for anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, and safe driver.
Before you buy a policy, ask each insurance company the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in your state.
Why you need car insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of GMC Sierra insurance, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Sierra has a lienholder, it's most likely the lender will stipulate that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your GMC at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your car. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your Sierra greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $810 a year so you should quote and compare rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Compare prices but work with a local Lubbock insurance agency
A lot of people just want to talk to an insurance agent. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance quotes and still have a local agent. And supporting local insurance agents is still important in Lubbock.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Lubbock who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. You'll get the best rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to compare rates for a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Car insurance agents in Lubbock come in two varieties
When finding a local Lubbock insurance agency, it's important to understand the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in Lubbock are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you absolutely need to include at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection. Many can place coverage with different regional companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Featured below are Lubbock independent agents that may be able to give pricing information.
- Lubbock AllState Agent
2312 19th St - Lubbock, TX 79401 - (806) 412-1471 - View Map
- Hettler Insurance Agency
4432 S Loop 289 - Lubbock, TX 79414 - (806) 798-7800 - View Map
- Beadle Insurance Agency
8008 Slide Rd #22 - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 798-7900 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only write with one company such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They are unable to provide other company's prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are trained well on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Some people will only use the same agent partially due to the brand rather than low price.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Lubbock that are able to give price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance - Victor Rodriguez
2026 82nd St #103 - Lubbock, TX 79423 - (806) 783-0831 - View Map
- Kevin Watson - State Farm Insurance Agent
13033 Quaker Ave SUITE B - Lubbock, TX 79423 - (806) 797-3329 - View Map
- Peter Griffith - State Farm Insurance Agent
409 Frankford Ave - Lubbock, TX 79416 - (806) 785-4456 - View Map
Selecting a auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?