If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get budget car insurance rates in Lubbock is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies in Texas.
- Get a basic knowledge of car insurance and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like high-risk driving behaviors and poor credit history can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One piece of advice is that you use the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
A recent survey discovered that the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Consumers in America could save an average of approximately $850 each year just by comparing rates, but they don’t believe the big savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
When shopping for Dodge Durango insurance in Lubbock there are multiple ways to obtain and compare prices from local Lubbock car insurance companies. The quickest method to comparison shop consists of shopping online.
It’s so simple to compare car insurance price quotes online makes it a waste of time to actually drive to different Lubbock agent offices. Quoting Dodge Durango insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you’re the type of person who wants the professional assistance of a licensed agent. Some companies do allow you to comparison shop your insurance online but still have the advice of a local agent. When quoting car insurance, remember that more quotes helps improve the odds of finding more affordable rates. Some companies don’t provide online price quotes, so you should also compare price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Texas. In order to find the best cheap auto insurance in Lubbock, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When buying adequate coverage, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- How high should deductibles be on a Dodge Durango?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Texas?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
When to contact an agent
Many drivers prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move The best thing about comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for neighborhood agents is especially important in Lubbock.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to companies in Lubbock that can provide free Lubbock auto insurance quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to you instantly. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you would need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
If you need to find a good Lubbock insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of agencies from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Lubbock can be classified as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If prices rise, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. When searching for an agent, it’s recommended you compare prices from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Lubbock that may be able to give pricing information.
Holmes/Bednarz Insurance Agency
5717 66th St #110 – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 748-5453 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Lubbock that are able to give price quote information.
Allstate Insurance Agent: Bill Eggar
10101 Quaker Ave – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 792-5200 – View Map
Picking an car insurance agent requires more thought than just the premium amount. Before buying a policy in Lubbock, get answers to these questions.
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Lubbock?
- How are they compensated?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?