Truthfully, the best way to quote cheaper auto insurance rates in Lubbock is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers who sell auto insurance in Texas.
- Learn about individual coverages and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many things that cause high rates like traffic citations and a bad credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One bit of advice is to make sure you enter identical coverages on each quote request and and to look at as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Statistics show that nearly 70% of Texas drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for more than four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. American drivers could save an average of nearly $860 each year just by comparing rates, but they don't believe the amount of money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
The easiest way to compare rates for Buick Verano insurance in Lubbock is to know the fact most of the larger companies have advanced systems to compare their rates. To get started, all you need to do is give the companies some data like if you have an active license, how old drivers are, if you lease or own, and which vehicles you own. The rating information gets sent immediately to multiple insurance providers and you receive quotes almost instantly.
To find lower affordable Buick Verano insurance rates now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Texas. To buy the best auto insurance in TX, it's highly recommended you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Cheaper Lubbock insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise every discount available in a way that's easy to find, so the below list has some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking a class that teaches defensive driving techniques may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Professional Organizations - Participating in a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on your next insurance statement.
- Home Ownership Discount - Owning a house in Lubbock can earn you a little savings because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Theft Prevention System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on Verano insurance in Lubbock.
- New Vehicle Savings - Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Good Student - Maintaining excellent grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- No Claims - Claim-free drivers get the best insurance rates as opposed to frequent claim filers.
It's important to note that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it's just not the way it works. But any discount should help reduce the cost of your policy.
Large insurance companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau has savings for driver training, youthful driver, good student, safe driver, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for good student, newly married, teen driver discount, new vehicle discount, and preferred payment discount.
- State Farm may include discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, accident-free, student away at school, good driver, and multiple policy.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including good student, safe vehicle, paid in full, teen driver, mature driver, and safe driver.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, driver training, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, military active duty, and five-year accident-free.
- SAFECO includes discounts for accident prevention training, homeowner, safe driver, teen safe driver, and anti-lock brakes.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in Lubbock. If you would like to view insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Lubbock, follow this link.
Why you need insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Buick Verano in Lubbock, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Verano has a loan, most banks will force you to carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Buick at an extremely high rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects not only your Buick but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. Unknowingly, the average driver is wasting up to $865 each year so it's recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Texas auto insurance companies ranked
Selecting the top company can be difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Texas. The rank data in the lists below can help you select which insurers to look at putting your business with.
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers - A++
- USAA - A++
- GEICO - A++
- State Farm - A++
- Titan Insurance - A+
- Esurance - A+
- Progressive - A+
- The Hartford - A+
- Allstate - A+
- Nationwide - A+
Comparing prices from local Lubbock insurance agencies
A lot of people just want to have an agent's advice and there is nothing wrong with that. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is you can get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from local agents is still important in Lubbock.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Lubbock that can provide free Lubbock auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. You'll get the best rates AND a local agent. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
If you want to buy auto insurance from a good insurance agency, there are two different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they quote lower rates, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you stay with the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison. A lot of them also have access to different regional companies which can be an advantage.
Featured below is a list of independent agents in Lubbock who may be able to give you price quotes.
- The Shropshire Agency, Inc.
5812 66th St - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 763-7311 - View Map
- Bledsoe Insurance Agency
5143 69th St - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 794-8686 - View Map
- Cam Fannin Insurance
1810 50th St - Lubbock, TX 79412 - (806) 747-4422 - View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive write business for a single company such as State Farm or Allstate. They are unable to provide other company's prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company's products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than low price.
Listed below are Lubbock exclusive agents that can give you rate quotes.
- Ana Borrego - State Farm Insurance Agent
8001 Quaker Ave STE G - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 745-2555 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Jules Minne
10210 Frankford Ave Ste 220 - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 783-9519 - View Map
- Peter Griffith - State Farm Insurance Agent
409 Frankford Ave - Lubbock, TX 79416 - (806) 785-4456 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Is there a local claims center in Lubbock?