If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to save on auto insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from different companies in Lubbock. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and a less-than-favorable credit score can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies. Start a quote
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find better rates, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a completed application for your new policy. As soon as you have the new policy, keep the new certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The critical component of shopping around is that you'll want to make sure you compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get rates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
A recent study showed that most auto insurance customers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average premium in Texas being $2,700, drivers can cut their rates by roughly $1,766 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they underestimate how much savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
To get affordable Buick Lucerne insurance quotes, there a variety of ways of comparing rates from different Lubbock insurance companies. The quickest method to comparison shop consists of obtaining rate quotes online. When price shopping your coverage, getting more free quotes will improve the odds of getting a lower rate. Some companies don't provide Lubbock Lucerne insurance quotes online, so it's necessary to compare price estimates on coverage from those companies, too.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Texas. To get cheap auto insurance in Lubbock, TX, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Discount Lubbock car insurance rates
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be manually applied before they will apply.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Active or former government employment can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Accident Free - Claim-free drivers can save substantially compared to bad drivers.
- Pay Early and Save - If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of paying each month you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Drive Safe and Save - Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
- College Student Discount - Children living away from Lubbock attending college and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Driving Data Discount - Lubbock drivers who agree to allow data collection to look at their driving habits by using a telematic data system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Homeowners Savings - Owning a home in Lubbock can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Military Rewards - Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Save over 55 - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because you may think it's possible to get free car insurance, car insurance companies aren't that generous.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Buick Lucerne auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The data assumes a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
To see a list of car insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Texas, click this link.
Rate information and statistics
The rate table displayed below covers detailed analysis of insurance costs for Buick Lucerne models. Being able to understand how policy rates are formulated can help guide drivers when making smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lucerne CXL Special Edition||$326||$774||$462||$28||$138||$1,728||$144|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can raise or lower coverage rates substantially.
Impact of citations and accidents on Lubbock insurance rates
The illustration below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents can affect Buick Lucerne annual premium costs for different age groups. The prices are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Insurance Price Influencing Factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that go into determining your car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower premium levels. Many different elements are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but other criteria are more obscure such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
Listed below are some of the major factors used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Insurance companies don't like frequent claims - If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in Texas provide the best rates to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. Auto insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
- Always have car insurance - Driving your car without having proper coverage is a big no-no and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance expire. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in fines and jail time. You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Texas motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- If you don't need it don't buy it - There are many add-on coverages that can add up but may not be useful. Coverage for things like coverage for rental cars, accident forgiveness, and additional equipment coverage are probably not needed. They may sound like good ideas when you first buy your policy, but if they're wasting money remove them from your policy.
- High physical damage deductibles reduce prices - Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. Protection for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are collision with another vehicle, hail damage, and having a roll-over accident. The more money you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- Pleasure use or commuting - The more miles you rack up on your Buick annually the more you will pay for car insurance. Most companies charge rates based upon how much you drive. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. It's a good idea to make sure your car insurance policy is rated on the right rating data. A policy that improperly rates your Lucerne is just wasting money.
Are auto insurance agents a thing of the past?
Some people still like to talk to a local agent and that can be a smart move The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is emailed to companies in Lubbock who want to provide quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around as quotes are delivered to you. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you need to quote rates from a particular provider, just jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking a company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
When finding a local Lubbock insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Lubbock are either exclusive or independent.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Some people will only use the same agent mainly due to the brand and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are Lubbock exclusive agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Mark Jennings - State Farm Insurance Agent
6301 19th St #4 - Lubbock, TX 79407 - (806) 792-4432 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Rc Calderon
1314 50th St - Lubbock, TX 79412 - (806) 741-1515 - View Map
- Nelda Jett - State Farm Insurance Agent
3833 50th St #5 - Lubbock, TX 79413 - (806) 793-2857 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are appointed with more than one company and that gives them the ability to insure with a variety of different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies and you don't have to do anything.
When shopping rates, we recommend you include several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with different regional companies which may have better rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Lubbock who can help you get price quotes.
- Advanced Insurance
3225 50th St - Lubbock, TX 79413 - (806) 799-0052 - View Map
- Alliance Insurance Agency
3307 82nd St - Lubbock, TX 79423 - (806) 792-0135 - View Map
- Holmes/Bednarz Insurance Agency
5717 66th St #110 - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 748-5453 - View Map
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When buying insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Every insured's situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions could help you determine whether or not you might need an agent's assistance.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Buick Lucerne?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Buick Lucerne?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
If you're not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
How to find a good Lubbock auto insurance company
Finding a high-quality car insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Texas. The company rank data in the next section may help you analyze which auto insurance companies you want to consider when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers - A++
- USAA - A++
- GEICO - A++
- State Farm - A++
- Titan Insurance - A+
- Esurance - A+
- Progressive - A+
- The Hartford - A+
- Allstate - A+
- Nationwide - A+
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
We just showed you a lot of techniques to lower your Buick Lucerne insurance prices in Lubbock. It's most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Lubbock auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest prices come from the smaller companies. They may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Budget-conscious Buick Lucerne insurance is possible from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies don't offer rate quotes online and many times these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
Other learning opportunities
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)