Remarkably, a study showed that the vast majority of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never shopped around. Many drivers in Texas can save about 70% each year by just shopping around, but they just don't understand the rate savings if they switched to a more affordable policy.
The best way to find cheaper quotes for Suzuki Forenza insurance in Lubbock is to start comparing prices yearly from companies in Texas.
- Try to learn a little about how insurance companies determine prices and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many factors that cause rate increases such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a not-so-good credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details. This article provides tips to keep prices down and find possible discounts that are available.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. As soon as you receive it, store the proof of insurance paperwork in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to try to compare the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing a wide range of rates helps increase your odds of locating more affordable insurance. Not every company allows you to get Lubbock Forenza insurance quotes over the internet, so it's recommended that you also compare prices from those companies as well.
The providers in the list below provide price quotes in Texas. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Texas, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Lower rate quotes by earning discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but companies offer discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain reductions will be credited when you complete an application, but a few must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Select companies reward you with a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Claim Free - Drivers who don't have accidents can save substantially when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Anti-theft System - Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Lubbock car insurance quote.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Insuring multiple vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Low Miles Discount - Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn cheaper prices.
We need to note that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, auto insurance companies aren't that generous. But all discounts will lower your overall premium however.
For a list of providers who offer discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Car insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Despite the high insurance cost for a Suzuki Forenza in Lubbock, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Suzuki has a loan, it's most likely the lender will require that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Suzuki at a much higher rate and require you to fork over for it.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Suzuki. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $750 every year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How to find a good Lubbock auto insurance company
Buying coverage from a highly-rated car insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Texas. The information listed below can help you pick which providers you want to consider purchasing from.
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
When do I need to contact a local insurance agent?
Many drivers just prefer to buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheap insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this short form, your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to leave your house since price quotes are sent instantly to you. It's the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an insurer requires more thought than just a cheap quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How many companies do they write for?
If you need to find a reliable agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Agents in Lubbock are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company and examples are Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some people will only use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Lubbock that are able to give rate quotes.
- Peter Griffith - State Farm Insurance Agent
409 Frankford Ave - Lubbock, TX 79416 - (806) 785-4456 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Rc Calderon
1314 50th St - Lubbock, TX 79412 - (806) 741-1515 - View Map
- Keith Potts - State Farm Insurance Agent
6110 Frankford Ave A - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 794-5084 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. If you are comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to contact independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through mutual insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Lubbock willing to provide price quotes.
- Sanford and Tatum Insurance Agency
5241 98th St - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 792-5564 - View Map
- Lubbock AllState Agent
2312 19th St - Lubbock, TX 79401 - (806) 412-1471 - View Map
- Alliance Insurance Agency
3307 82nd St - Lubbock, TX 79423 - (806) 792-0135 - View Map