If you are new to online price comparisons, by this point your are probably bewildered by the crazy number of local and online companies competing for your business.
Steps to finding low-cost Mercury Montego insurance in Lubbock
The easiest way to find affordable Mercury Montego insurance is to compare quotes annually from providers in Lubbock.
- Try to understand how insurance works and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many factors that cause high rates like traffic citations, accidents, and a negative credit score can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article gives instructions to lower rates and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on Montego insurance in Lubbock. If you find a better price and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to your new insurance company. Once coverage is bound, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
The most important part of shopping around is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Sad but true, 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Lubbock drivers could cut their rates by 70% a year by just shopping around, but they don’t want to spend time to find affordable insurance by shopping around.
Smart consumers take time to do rate comparisons once or twice a year since insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the best rates on Mercury Montego insurance in Lubbock two years ago a different company probably has better premium rates today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn one of the quickest ways to lower your annual insurance bill.
If you have a current insurance policy, you will be able to lower your rates using these techniques. Finding and buying the best coverage in Lubbock can be fairly easy. Although Texas car owners do need to understand how the larger insurance companies determine premium rates and take advantage of how the system works.
The Mercury Montego Insurance Price Equation
Many factors are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but some are less apparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
Never let your policy expire – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a quick way to bump up your car insurance costs. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a steep fine or even jail time.
Tickets will cost you – A bad driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Getting just one speeding ticket or other violation may cause rates to rise by twenty percent. Good drivers get better prices as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who have received serious violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Frequent policy claims will increase rates – Companies in Texas give better rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
What are good liability protection limits? – The liability section of your policy will afford coverage if ever you are found to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court to defend your case. Liability is cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
GPS tracking and theft deterrents reduce car insurance rates – Owning a car with an alarm system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Anti-theft features like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart vehicle theft.
Teenagers are high risk – Teen drivers in Texas are known to be inattentive when driving so car insurance rates are higher. Having to add a young driver onto your car insurance can be quite pricey. Older people are more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
Poor credit decisions can cost you – Having a good credit rating factor in calculating your premium rate. So if your credit score is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your Mercury Montego by improving your credit score. Drivers with high credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers who have lower credit scores.
Take policy discounts and save on Mercury Montego insurance in Lubbock
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you can get discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some must be asked for before they will apply.
- Student in College – Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Lubbock and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Telematics Data – Insureds that choose to allow driving data collection to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
- E-sign – A handful of car insurance companies provide a small discount just for signing your application online.
- Sign Early and Save – A few larger companies give discounts for switching to them early. This can save 10% or more.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Driver Training Discounts – Successfully completing a defensive driving class could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
Just know that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Popular car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- GEICO has discounts for multi-vehicle, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, good student, anti-theft, and air bags.
- USAA policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-policy, new vehicle, family discount, vehicle storage, and driver training.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, and good student.
- American Family may offer discounts for TimeAway discount, early bird, accident-free, multi-vehicle, and Steer into Savings.
- Esurance discounts include renters, safety device, paid-in-full, defensive driver, multi-car, and claim free.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for electronic funds transfer, teen driver, switch companies, alternative fuel, youthful driver, good student, and early shopping.
- State Farm may have discounts that include safe vehicle, accident-free, anti-theft, passive restraint, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
Check with every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not be offered in Lubbock. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer discounts in Lubbock, click here to view.
Lubbock auto insurance companies ranked
Insuring your vehicle with the highest-rated company can be difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in Texas. The company ratings shown next could help you pick which car insurance providers you want to consider buying from.
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Quote more and you will save more
We covered many ways to save on Mercury Montego insurance in Lubbock. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the best premium rates are with the least-expected company.
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, being labeled a high risk driver and extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right auto insurance provider can be pretty painless.
Some insurance companies don’t offer rate quotes online and many times these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agents. Lower-priced Mercury Montego insurance in Lubbock is definitely available both online as well as from insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection.
Steps to buying discount Mercury Montego insurance in Lubbock
It takes a little time, but the best way to find affordable Mercury Montego insurance is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers in Lubbock.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of how insurance works and the things you can control to lower rates. Many risk factors that cause high rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and a bad credit rating can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get price quotes from every company you can. This ensures a fair rate comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Additional auto insurance information is available on the following sites:
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)