It's an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies don't want their policyholders to compare prices. People who compare rates annually are likely to switch auto insurance companies because there is a good probability of finding a more affordable policy. A survey found that people who make a habit of shopping around saved over $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who didn't regularly shop around.
If finding budget-friendly insurance is your intention, then having a good understanding how to get rate quotes and compare car insurance can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
The best way we recommend to get discount Land Rover LR4 insurance in Lubbock is to compare quotes annually from companies who provide car insurance in Texas. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Get an understanding of how auto insurance works and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many things that cause high rates like speeding and an imperfect credit score can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Continue reading for instructions to help reduce prices and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you can save money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new company or agent. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A valuable tip to remember is that you'll want to make sure you compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to compare every insurance company. This ensures a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you have a current auto insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce premiums using these tips. Quoting the cheapest auto insurance policy in Lubbock is not as hard as you think. But Texas drivers do need to know how big insurance companies determine what you pay and apply this information to your search.
Many insurance companies allow you to get coverage prices direct online. Getting Land Rover LR4 insurance prices online is pretty easy as all you need to do is type in the coverages you want into the form. Upon sending the form, the company's rating system automatically orders information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price based on these factors.
This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it's also necessary to do this if you want to get lower-cost rates.
In order to compare rates using this form now, compare rates from the companies below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you replicate the insurance coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This guarantees you will have an apples-to-apples comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Texas. If you want to find the cheapest car insurance in Lubbock, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Affordable Lubbock auto insurance quotes with discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there may be some discounts to help offset the cost. Some discounts will apply at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be inquired about before they will apply. If you're not getting every credit possible, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying insurance for multiple vehicles with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Save over 55 - Seniors are able to get better auto insurance rates.
- Pay Early and Save - If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Anti-theft Discount - Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Student Discounts - Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Waiver for an Accident - This one isn't a discount, but companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think it's possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Land Rover LR4 insurance prices with and without policy discounts. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
A partial list of companies that may offer these money-saving discounts possibly include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in Lubbock.
Land Rover LR4 detailed coverage information
The coverage table shown below showcases detailed analysis of insurance costs for Land Rover LR4 models. Learning a little about how auto insurance policy rates are formulated is important for you to make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|LR4 HSE Plus||$256||$510||$358||$22||$108||$1,254||$105|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can lower or raise insurance rates considerably.
The information below shows how different deductible levels and can change Land Rover LR4 yearly insurance costs for different insured age categories. The data is based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Lubbock Insurance Premiums are Influenced by These Factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you know what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that could result in big savings. Many different elements are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
Optional features impact car insurance rates - Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features like GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help prevent car theft.
Tickets can increase rates - Even a single speeding ticket could increase your next policy renewal by twenty percent. Attentive drivers receive lower rates as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who have multiple tickets such as DUI or reckless driving may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The illustration below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents raise Land Rover LR4 insurance prices for different age groups of insureds. The prices are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Marriage equates to better premiums - Being married may cut your premiums on your policy. Having a significant other translates into being more mature than a single person and statistics prove being married results in fewer claims.
Only buy coverage you need - Policies have extra add-on coverages that can add up if you aren't careful. Coverage for things like rental car coverage, towing coverage, and term life insurance may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
Male costs may be higher - Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn't necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Both sexes cause at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but guys get into accidents with more damage. Men also receive more major tickets such as reckless driving.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Land Rover LR4 car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Consolidate and save - Some insurance companies give lower prices to policyholders who carry more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten percent or more. Even if you qualify for this discount already, drivers will still want to shop around to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Higher comp and collision deductibles are cheaper - Coverage for physical damage, also called 'full coverage', is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be running into the backend of another car, flood damage, and having your car stolen. Comp and collision deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend if a claim is determined to be covered. The more you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Insurance loss data for a Land Rover LR4 - Insurers take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have higher premium rates.
The table below illustrates the insurance loss data for Land Rover LR4 vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, as a total average, is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values over 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Land Rover LR4 4dr 4WD||87||105||134||47|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agent or online?
A lot of people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is important especially in Lubbock.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to companies in Lubbock who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. It's the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to compare rates for a specific company, just navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Listed below are agents in Lubbock that may be able to provide price quote information for Land Rover LR4 insurance in Lubbock.
- Holmes/Bednarz Insurance Agency
5717 66th St #110 - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 748-5453 - View Map
- Tommy Reece - State Farm Insurance Agent
3114 50th St - Lubbock, TX 79413 - (806) 793-0646 - View Map
- Nelda Jett - State Farm Insurance Agent
3833 50th St #5 - Lubbock, TX 79413 - (806) 793-2857 - View Map
- Alan Henry Insurance Agency
3405 19th St - Lubbock, TX 79410 - (806) 792-3771 - View Map
Finding a good insurer should depend on more than just a cheap quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Lubbock?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
Situations that may require an agent's advice
Always keep in mind that when comparing your policy for your vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Your financial needs are unique.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if you might need an agent's assistance.
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Best car insurance company in Lubbock
Picking a good quality insurer is hard considering how many companies sell insurance in Lubbock. The ranking information below can help you pick which providers to look at purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA - 91%
- AAA Insurance - 90%
- Esurance - 90%
- Mercury Insurance - 89%
- Nationwide - 89%
- Travelers - 88%
- Progressive - 88%
- Safeco Insurance - 88%
- State Farm - 88%
- Allstate - 88%
Don't give up on cheap coverage
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, high prices, policy non-renewal and even delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
More affordable auto insurance in Lubbock can be bought from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where someone dropped liability coverage limits and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
More detailed auto insurance information is available at these sites:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lubbock Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lubbock Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Active Military in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lubbock Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)